Metal ligature

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Verena

Metal ligature

#1 Post by Verena »

Hi,

have you ever experienced ligatures (like power chain) in metal? I mean a metal wire which is bonded to your bracket (as a normal elastic) but it is going on all your brackets (like a power chain).

Cheers

oldfart

Re: Metal ligature

#2 Post by oldfart »

Yes. I know one reason they would be used is it allows the ortho to have the wire make a more tighter fit inside the bracket. On me any tooth that has an elastic attached to it is wire tied also. This helps prevent the teeth from tipping inwards due to the pressure of the elastics on one side of it.
Braces on: 2/25/2013. Braces Off: 12/23/2015
Current Retainers: Hawley Top, Essix Bottom, and Permanent Lingual Bottom

dantocanada

#3 Post by dantocanada »

I only have braces on my bottom teeth (for now - top go on in January) and 10 of them are ceramic with wire ties, and the back 2 molars on each side have self-ligating metal brackets. I have no idea why. I'm going in for my first adjustment on Monday and plan on asking, because it seems no one else has wire ties like this.

Verena

#4 Post by Verena »

My ortho put this kind of metal ligatures when he changed my wire putting a bigger one.
It said he was already satisfied with the result and he wanted to avoid other movement... rotation... etc.