Old Ladyy 2nd adjustment news!!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

agrace90

Re: Old Ladyy 2nd adjustment news!!

#1 Post by agrace90 »

Hi old lady,(I feel rude saying that!) I have my second adjustment in one week. I don't have anything special yet beside the braces themselves but am afraid I might be getting elastics or something else. I hope you see lots of improvement! Not so much pain either but no pain no gain right?! Good luck! :)

Old Lady

#2 Post by Old Lady »

agrace90 wrote:Hi old lady,(I feel rude saying that!) I have my second adjustment in one week. I don't have anything special yet beside the braces themselves but am afraid I might be getting elastics or something else. I hope you see lots of improvement! Not so much pain either but no pain no gain right?! Good luck! :)
I picked that name because I am now 64! 63 when I got started with braces. My husband now deceased was English and he called me the Old Lady as a term of endearment!
I have really big gaps in 8 top teeth and my smaller teeth on the bottom, also have smaller gaps.
That's why the power chain.
My orthodontist mentioned elastics to me also but I am not sure what he meant because those bracket ties are elastic also.
My upper jaw is bigger than my bottom and sits out further but I think I am too old to have my jaws think realignment with other kind of elastics.
Let me know how you are doing after your next appointment.
Yes that is what I said to my orthodontist "No Pain no gain!"
This does not hurt yet but my teeth are just getting used to the idea that they are moving!

oldguy

#3 Post by oldguy »

Old lady...not

I have you by a couple years.....just had an adjustment...that's what

they call it for Damon braces. New wire and additional elastic, I have had

one for 4 months. Elastics are a piece of cake, Power chains another issue.

Discomfort only lasts a couple of days

When we are done we will still have our own teeth.. what a deal.

Oldguy

PNWMomof3

#4 Post by PNWMomof3 »

I just started my braces journey a few months ago. Had a 1st adjustment a few wks ago, and they put a power chain on my top two centrals(upper front teeth) and put a split chain on my bottom teeth. I've already seen changes in my teeth and am super excited to see more! I just turned 41 on Sept 19th and getting my braces was the best present I ever got!!! My 12 yr old daughter got her braces a few wks before me and her teeth look amazing! My 8 yr old daughter has a palate expander in and gets limited braces on her teeth in 2 wks. So glad to see that age doesn't come into play when us adults get braces!

Old Lady

#5 Post by Old Lady »

oldguy wrote:Old lady...not

I have you by a couple years.....just had an adjustment...that's what

they call it for Damon braces. New wire and additional elastic, I have had

one for 4 months. Elastics are a piece of cake, Power chains another issue.

Discomfort only lasts a couple of days

When we are done we will still have our own teeth.. what a deal.

Oldguy
Are you two years older or younger??
What are they planning on doing with your elastics, I am assuming that they are the exterior ones you hook on yourself??
My power chains look like this: 0-0-0-0 and wrap around each bracket and then the wire.
Did you have them also?
With me the front two teeth and my right side bottom have been irritated because the power chain has been catching up my lip and the right upper same thing rubbing on my cheek.
By day 4 bottom front stopped but day 5 and most of the rest of the rubbing has stopped.
Of course I always end up having to talk and eat out!!
I keep saying to myself I am going to have the smile I want when finished.

Old Lady

#6 Post by Old Lady »

PNWMomof3 wrote:I just started my braces journey a few months ago. Had a 1st adjustment a few wks ago, and they put a power chain on my top two centrals(upper front teeth) and put a split chain on my bottom teeth. I've already seen changes in my teeth and am super excited to see more! I just turned 41 on Sept 19th and getting my braces was the best present I ever got!!! My 12 yr old daughter got her braces a few wks before me and her teeth look amazing! My 8 yr old daughter has a palate expander in and gets limited braces on her teeth in 2 wks. So glad to see that age doesn't come into play when us adults get braces!
I have 8 teeth on top with really big spaces between them.
My first power chain was only top four front teeth but now I have molar to molar!
My bottom teeth are quite a bit smaller and have spaces also, so know I have power chain molar to molar down also.
My power chain looks like this: 0-0-0-.
It goes around each bracket and loops over the wire.
I was 63 when I started and so very happy!!!
Sounds like a family affair for you!
My granddaughter inherited my teeth but thank god my daughter took her in early for assessment and they gave her some kind of a retainer.