Braces Again?

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Elrr

Braces Again?

#1 Post by Elrr »

Hi All,

I got braces as an adult for the first time about seven years ago and got them off about two and a half years later but recently I've noticed that my jaw is popping more often and one of my lower teeth has turned from where it was when my braces came off. I still wear my retainer almost every night but it seems to not fit quite right any more. Currently I'm trying to get the courage up to see my dentist but I'm afraid he'll refer me to an orthodontist. As a 40+ year old guy I'm not sure I want to go through braces again but they very well may be in my future.

To be continued......

braceyourselfs

Re: Braces Again?

#2 Post by braceyourselfs »

If you need 'em, you need 'em. It's that simple. 40+, try 60+ without them! Good luck.

FireFinder

#3 Post by FireFinder »

I'm on my 3rd treatment. Once as a teenager, again from Aug 1999 to March 2001, and this time Oct 9th for the lowers, and got the uppers on the 22nd.

My teeth look straight, my bite is the problem. So here I am, a week shy of 47 and in braces for the 3rd time.

No big deal. Wife has a consult with my ortho in a week, and will likely end up in treatment for the 2nd time herself for bite/headache issues.

plugnickel69

#4 Post by plugnickel69 »

I'm on the 50-year plan. I just finished my second treatment fifty years after my first and with permanent retainers maybe won't have to go through it again in another 50 years. :D My wife has also had two treatments, once as a young teen and again in her early thirties.

msw

#5 Post by msw »

I'm in them for the second time. I had full metal in high school from Feb. 2000 to April 2001. I thought I was too cool for my retainers, so now, 12.5 years later, I'm back in braces for the next 18 months to correct a deep overbite and canted lower front teeth. I'm 28 and will spend my 30th birthday as a brace face.

Ditto to what everyone else has said. If you need them, you need them. There's never a good time or convenient time to get braces. Do it! :thumbsup:

denSMSgt

#6 Post by denSMSgt »

Third go here too, early/mid 80s, 1999-2001 and 2011-present. Lower (supposedly) permanent bonded retainer failure made stuff shift and was getting clunky jaw issues. :-(

I can tell the technology has improved each time though! I'd much rather have braces than deal with retainers..

In 40s here as well, so go ahead, join the club again. Jaw stuff isn't fun.

:tingrin: d

sharicat

#7 Post by sharicat »

I'm doing it again for the 3rd time at 33. Just got to do it if it's what you need!