Waterpik yes or no?

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kgallagher

Waterpik yes or no?

#1 Post by kgallagher »

Ive been told by several people that I should invest in a waterpik. To me it doesnt seem like it would get iin between teeth clean as well as flossing... Anywho, I wanted to get other peoples take on it. How well does it work, is there a specific type, where to buy them?

Thanks Katie

SunshineRay

Re: Waterpik yes or no?

#2 Post by SunshineRay »

I was wondering too!

kgallagher

#3 Post by kgallagher »

Seems as no one wants to answer hahaha. I think im going to purchasreone and see how well it works.

oldguy

#4 Post by oldguy »

I have 2 and it's the best thing I have for cleaning...I have a base unit, and a portable.
My old teeth are very close together, I still have all 32, so flossing has been an issue, as
the braces align my teeth, slowly, I am able to floss, but I have always been able to use the waterpik......It does a good job for my teeth. Also use the GUM trees, their great.

Oldguy

kgallagher

#5 Post by kgallagher »

Thank you so much for your feed back!

sablequeenie

#6 Post by sablequeenie »

Can't recommend a Waterpik enough; you'd be surprised how powerful a flosser water can be. My orthodontist recommended one to me and even after I use normal floss, I can still see the difference the waterpik does just in making my teeth feel squeaky clean around the brackets, especially after I've used the brush attachment.

kgallagher

#7 Post by kgallagher »

Thank you so much, im definitely going to purchase one!

KStew

#8 Post by KStew »

They're definitely worth it. I use mine before and after I floss, and it's always getting stuff out that I would have otherwise missed.

I wouldn't use it as a replacement for floss, but it's a great supplement.

mariawong86

#9 Post by mariawong86 »

kgallagher wrote:Ive been told by several people that I should invest in a waterpik. To me it doesnt seem like it would get iin between teeth clean as well as flossing... Anywho, I wanted to get other peoples take on it. How well does it work, is there a specific type, where to buy them?

Thanks Katie
I want to buy one too please let me know how it goess and where you bought it

debinator

#10 Post by debinator »

I can't imagine having braces without one! It helps tremendously in power washing the leftovers from between the wire and teeth/brackets. Once I finish pressure washing my teeth :) I brush, then floss, then rinse. It's a great combo- my ortho calls me his most compliant patient.
50 year old kid at heart

My story:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=44406

Debraced 2/25/14 WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

psily

#11 Post by psily »

I'm going to buy one today actually! The one I want (Ultra) is only like $45, so why not.
30 years old
Top braces on: 5/17/2013
Bottom braces on: 10/15/2013
Treatment time: 18 months
Debrace date: 11/28/2014!

SunshineRay

#12 Post by SunshineRay »

Im going to get mine this weekend!

BriaP

#13 Post by BriaP »

I bought the Waterpik Cordless Plus from Target. I want to say it was about $39.00.
Holy smokes, this thing is great. I bought it a few days before I got my braces and even then, it got out so much gunk that you wouldn't think was still there. Now that I have braces, I don't know how I could live without it. It goes everywhere with me. Mine came with two regular rinse tips, one plaque seeker tip, and one orthodontic head. The the plaque seeker tip has little bristles that are great for really getting in between those braces!

Just a word of advice, make sure to keep your mouth closed or you'll get water all over the place trying to see how it works!

SunshineRay

#14 Post by SunshineRay »

Hmm I bought the ultra this weekend. Should I have gotten the portable instead?

jean001

#15 Post by jean001 »

I just bought mine and I love it. I went and bought my husband one even though he doesn't have braces.