Newbie-28

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

linzlizrob

Newbie-28

#1 Post by linzlizrob »

I just got my braces yesterday, and boy do my teeth HURT! It's like I can already feel them moving closer to where they are supposed to sit. I have ceramic on the front top 6 and metal throughout the rest of my mouth. I have an extememly narrow bite, an overbite and extreme crowding on both upper and lowers. I had braces on the top for 18 months when I was 12. I didn't wear my retainer like I was supposed to, and my top teeth went right back.

This was not an easy decsion for me, I very nearly cancelled my appointment. Thankfully, my orthodontist has an incredible patient relations lady. She let me whine and complain while she listened with a concerned ear. When I was done with my pity party, she told me exactly what I needed to hear, and because of her in 24-30 months I will have a brand new smile that I will wear proudly.

It is a little nerve-wrecking being 28 and single with braces. I will forge on, and not let that get me down. I need not worry so much about what other people will think, or whisper behind my back. I am improving myself and the results will speak for themselves one day.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I look forward to getting to know you and your journey to straight teeth.

Tobilei

Re: Newbie-28

#2 Post by Tobilei »

Hi :) Welcome to the board and to braces! If it makes you feel any better I'm 34 and have a mouth full of them :) I too was self conscious. I have all clears and have been told by a couple of people when I've mentioned them that they had no idea I even have them so that's kind of nice to know. I feel like I have the Sydney Harbour Bridge stuck to my teeth!

The pain sucks :( Mine were really really really sore too. I promise though, it does pass! (Well except for random teeth hurting from time to time).

Good luck with the settling in period :) I hope it goes smoothly for you.

slb1107

#3 Post by slb1107 »

I'm 26 so I feel the being older with them, but I actually forget that I have them now. (11 months I've had them! lol) And I really don't care what people think anymore. I used to hide them without realizing it but eventually they just become a part of you and you are one day closer to having them off every day! I cannot wait for my perfect smile! And then when they are off you have the rest of your life without them.

KeL Anne

#4 Post by KeL Anne »

Welcome! My situation is very similar to yours, I'm 29 and just got braces put on again a few days ago. I'm still in pain too, but just remember it will pass soon enough!