Dodger from The UK!! :)

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Dodger(UK)

Dodger from The UK!! :)

#1 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Hi

Dodger from the UK - although Dodger's not my real name lol :wink:

Very crowded upper and lower teeth problems with overbites, crossbites, Upper Teeth potrude (they dont' now :wink: ) and Centreline Discrepancies.

I'm nearly 7 months into treatment and all these problems above are being rectified by upper and lower fixed appliance braces.

Well done Lynne for updating to this more user friendly forum, you've done a great job. :D

claire

Hi!

#2 Post by claire »

Hi Dodger
Glad things are getting better for you, and thanks for the message on my braces story! I have only seen one other adult in braces in the UK and it was in Chester near where I live. It was just before mine were fitted and I was in a bar and felt so bad 'cos I really stared at the person. I find that some people really do stare and it makes me feel so embarrassed but then I think maybe they stare cos they're not sure if there's something on my teeth or not (cos they're tooth coloured brackets). But I must admit, I used to be so self conscious about the overcrowding (and that people must have thought how ugly I looked), but now I'm wearing a brace, I feel like people can see I'm doing something about it, and so I don't feel as bad (hope that makes sense!) Anyway, good luck with your treatment (you're a bit ahead of me..I've only had 3 months so far)
Claire

Dodger(UK)

Ta Very Much! ;)

#3 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Yep, Claire that makes perfect sense to me. Sometimes you can be your own worst enemy and I used to to think at first why people were looking at me because I had braces on, anyway after getting talking to them, they all assured me that they were a) a little surprised to see an adult in braces (natural really, you mostly only think of it being a teenager problem), and b) because I had ceramic uppers, you had to be pretty close to me, to realise I had braces on lol :lol:

Anyway the crux of the story is that they have all been very supportive of me, and realise that it was something I just couldn't put off any longer. :D

You never know, there could be more Adult Brace wearer's in the UK, than we think :wink: Hopefully they will find this great site.

claire

Inspirational!

#4 Post by claire »

So good to hear your friends have been supportive. That's exactly what's needed. (Some people seem to think that if you have treatment for cosmetic reasons then you don't need the support, but quite often the opposite is true....certainly in my case, as I needed to be reassured that I was doing the right thing, having felt insecure all my life)

All but a few of my mates thought the pain and surgery was far more trouble than it was worth(I had 2 molars extracted and the surgical removal of a root fragment left from a previous extraction,all done at the same time under local anaesthetic)...I tell you, I was more than a little scared especially as I went to the hospital alone and had to drive home feeling awful! But even though the sensation of having teeth extracted was both weird and unreal, I had a lovely surgeon and a nurse who held my hand throughout! (I'm such a baby!!)

It's funny the friends who encouraged me to get the treatment are all stunning with beautiful smiles! Hopefully that might be me in a years time...but, hey he's an orthodontist, not a miracle worker,eh!!!!

Dodger(UK)

#5 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Miracles do happen :D and hopefully in your case you won't need one :wink: I had 4 extractions in 1 visit but thankfully I didn't have to drive home, I had somebody pick me up. I don't know how you managed to drive home after that :shock: Anyway lets hope we are both miracle cases lol :wink:

claire

#6 Post by claire »

Urghhh, four extractions sound horrifying! Yes, I was a little worried about driving with my mouth pouring with blood! (actually there wasn't that much of it)
The ortho gave me the mold he took and I keep comparing my teeth with it....it's amazing how quickly they've moved. He said they'll all move forward to align themselves before they'll move back (so I'm looking forward to looking like one of the Bee Gees!!!)
It should definately improve our appearance, no doubt about that (don't think it's gonna turn me into Pamela Anderson overnight though, would need to have a couple of other things worked on for that!!!)

Dodger(UK)

#7 Post by Dodger(UK) »

:lol: Who needs Pamela Anderson anyway?? :wink:

claire

#8 Post by claire »

I'd love to look like Pam!, but I'm a half persian redhead, so it aint gonna happen!!
Anyway hope things are ok with you? I've kind of forgotten about the brace being there since getting back to work (I'm a music teacher). I was a bit worried about what the kids would make of it all (as a lot of them hadn't seen me with it) but to be honest I was making more of it than them....they never commented!
What a relief when I only had to deal with the usual chaos in the classroom!!