Spacers are the devil

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Cassidy

Spacers are the devil

#1 Post by Cassidy »

Just got them about 15 hours ago. Is it true they can hurt more than braces getting tightened/adjusted? I sure hope so because I can't go through this regularly!

nikkibabie19

Re: Spacers are the devil

#2 Post by nikkibabie19 »

OMG....i SO AGREE WITH THIS..THEY R THE DEVIL. I got mine n on the 1st June. And my next appointment is the 12th....Seriously my back teeth with the spacers hurt more than my rest of teeth. But hang in there. After about 3more days they wont hurt as much. Just when you try to chew something hard.

Cassidy

#3 Post by Cassidy »

Thanks! I am now eating peaches and cottage cheese - a major accomplishment! Soon enough for both of us the dreaded spacers will be gone!

nikkibabie19

#4 Post by nikkibabie19 »

i know and cant wait!!! At first i couldnt even rest my upper jaw on the bottom one because even that hurt. i had to put my tongue in between. I am counting down the days left to get them off...Cant wait......

Congrats on ur accomplishment..peaches...hmm i didnt think of that..lol

Me with elastics : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46327

FINALLY Me after braces : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46650
[/color]

Realizingadream

#5 Post by Realizingadream »

At first, I thought you were silly. I had my very first spacer placed on Thursday. NO TROUBLE AT ALL. :P

But by Friday afternoon, it really hurt to eat on that side. And the other side is where my extraction was, so I can't eat over there very well either. :x

Good news: It only has to be in for a week, so then I'll go back and see what else he has up his sleeve.

And I now agree with you, spacers: BAD.

Real

Cassidy

#6 Post by Cassidy »

Yes they are terrible. Try four! Good luck - soon it will be over for all of us.

Huggypillow

#7 Post by Huggypillow »

Im so glad i escaped having them, phew dodged that one

Noni

#8 Post by Noni »

I believe everything which is part of the braces journey is a devil loool .
When I had my QH expander I thought it was the worst part , the brAckets cutting inside my cheeks then having the molar bands with lingual buttons and now the elastics . :yuck:

Welcome to the club :gavel: spacers prepare you for the coming devil :crazy:

You just need to be Be patient :wink:

Quad Helix Expander and Braces to correct unilateral posterioor crossbite (TMJ treatment ). 6 months
Braces journey : 11 months 3 weeks (from 12 march 2012 to 3 march 2013)
My Story and Progress Update

Huggypillow

#9 Post by Huggypillow »

I dont know that i could have handled those spacers, i have brackets on all my teeth even all my molars. I still get all the evils of sores inside my cheeks and those stupid elastics. Oh well will all come to an end soon yipeeeeeee

nikkibabie19

#10 Post by nikkibabie19 »

4......try 8!!!!!!!! urgh i literally could NOT even let my upper jaw "Rest" on my lower jaw as usual (with my mouth closed)...even that caused to much pressure and hurt...When i talk i couldnt let the teeth touch either...Thank God i get them out tomorrow.

I have upper bands placed and spacers in between the molars with the bands and the molar that has to be banded tomorrow.
So thats four upper

And i dont have bands below so i just have four spacers....Hopefully tomorrow i will have bands below and no more spacers...

I'll let you guys know after my appointment

FINALLY Me after braces : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46650
[/color]

nikkibabie19

#11 Post by nikkibabie19 »

OMG..........

WIRE spacers are the devil...........they are much worse than the rubber ones...

They had to put wire on the lower right side in between my 6 and 7 because they couldnt get the #7 bands on and the rubber spacers i think it burst when they were trying to get it on...Ouchie. They put some spacers on my lower left side...but just the regular rubber ones (Thankfully) so that the #6 bands will go on next time....

So i am all banded on my upper jaw...

And i have the #7 on my lower left side and the #6 on the lower right side.

So not looking forward to tomorrow............urgh

Plus these lower bands hurt... :shock:

Thus far i haven't had any sores or bruising in my mouth...but these lower bands caused my inner cheek to be blistered up had to apply wax one time :( Idk why its scrapping up my cheek this much the ones on top are fine... :cry:

Oh well...i've got my painkiller on hand in case i need it tomorrow bcuz of these spacers....i'll let u all know

[/color]

ca214

#12 Post by ca214 »

just got 8 spacers this morning - so far, not terrible... but i'm sure my tune will change over the next few days.

the assistant working on mine couldn't get 3 of them to go in (apparently my teeth are resistant to change after 31+ years of life in the same place), so the ortho had to take over. not a ton of fun, and i started feeling the pressure right away...

braces on in 6 days, which is some solace, since i think it'll be a long weekend....

C

Cassidy

#13 Post by Cassidy »

Okay - dreaded spacers out and braces on! So far much more pleasant than spacers but evidentially I will be wishing for death by this time tomorrow. Will update with my opinion of which is worse.

nikkibabie19

#14 Post by nikkibabie19 »

C did the ortho put int he rubber ones or wire spacers?

Because they could get the rubber ones in on my lower right side so the assistant put wire ones in....OUCHIE

And Cassidy please let me know which one is more painfull bcuz i think its the spacers..But coming to think of it i cant be 100% sure bcuz i always had them in at the same time..

I didnt have spacers 1st like most of you so im not quite sure what is causing the "pain" i feel in my mouth...

[/color]

Cassidy

#15 Post by Cassidy »

So far the braces are not nearly as bad as the spacers were!