New Member...Braces at 26

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

NICURN85

New Member...Braces at 26

#1 Post by NICURN85 »

HELLO ALL,

I am so happy to have found this website to have others to talk with during my braces journey. I am 26 and will be starting my journey next month after I get a cavity filled. I found out that my BRACES SENTENCE will be 24-30 months. I also found out I will have to wear elastics along with HEAD GEAR. Its good to know I will only have to wear the head gear at night, because I do not know how I will feel having to wear it out. I also broke a tooth off and had to have it extracted and found out today I do not have to get a dental implant (which is around $7000) because the gap will close with my braces. :D I am so nervous about getting started, but have a month to prepare. I was not a candidate for Invisalign so I will be getting the traditional braces. I look forward to starting and sharing my journey will all my new Archwired community friends!!
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

BellaBraces

Re: New Member...Braces at 26

#2 Post by BellaBraces »

Good luck. I had all that malarkey as a teenager, including the headgear.

It was all fine until my wisdom teeth shoved my teeth out of alignment again and I've just embarked on Six Month Smiles.

Bionicbigmouth

#3 Post by Bionicbigmouth »

Congrats on your forthcoming journey!

I am waiting to see what course of action is waiting for me (also 26). I was told on Wednesday that I might need to get surgery to get rid of my overbite, however, that's worse case scenario...I HOPE! Lol

Keep us posted! :)

Decepti0n

#4 Post by Decepti0n »

Good look and keep us posted.

When I get prices etc and finally have mine sorted, I will be posting regular pictures.

Hope you can do the same :)

NICURN85

#5 Post by NICURN85 »

Thanks everyone. Once I start my journey I will defintely put pictures up. I am actually excited about finally getting started. It will probably be the beginning of June now before I get started bc I have to get a teeth extracted that I broke off back in 2009 and it can not be saved. The good thing is, instead of having to payout EXTRA $$$$$$$$ for an implant or a bridge, my orthodontist will be able to close the gap up with my braces!!!!
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

Decepti0n

#6 Post by Decepti0n »

[quote="NICURN85"]Thanks everyone. Once I start my journey I will defintely put pictures up. I am actually excited about finally getting started. It will probably be the beginning of June now before I get started bc I have to get a teeth extracted that I broke off back in 2009 and it can not be saved. The good thing is, instead of having to payout EXTRA $$$$$$$$ for an implant or a bridge, my orthodontist will be able to close the gap up with my braces!!!![/quote]

Result!

Sadly, I have 4 teeth missing anyway, but at least I have plenty of room, right? :D

NICURN85

#7 Post by NICURN85 »

Decepti0n wrote:
NICURN85 wrote:Thanks everyone. Once I start my journey I will defintely put pictures up. I am actually excited about finally getting started. It will probably be the beginning of June now before I get started bc I have to get a teeth extracted that I broke off back in 2009 and it can not be saved. The good thing is, instead of having to payout EXTRA $$$$$$$$ for an implant or a bridge, my orthodontist will be able to close the gap up with my braces!!!!
Result!

Sadly, I have 4 teeth missing anyway, but at least I have plenty of room, right? :D
That is true. Hopefully this will be the only tooth I will need pulled.
~KIMMIE