What do you miss eating?

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

AM21

Re: What do you miss eating?

#16 Post by AM21 »

I miss eating popcorn.. especially if it's home made. =/

I have tried eating doritos and even pringles without any problems. You just break them up and chew them slowly. I also agree with Klobird about missing being able to just chew food without having to be concious of how I chew it.

I'll just be glad when I'm debraced and won't get weird looks while eating a ice cream sandwich with a fork and a knife. Lol
Braced: August 1, 2011
Sentence: 30 Months
My Braces Blog: http://www.metalmouthtales.blogspot.com

Leftie

#17 Post by Leftie »

ha ha ha that reminded me of the odd looks I got from a lady I had to share a table with the other day when at Subway!
Her look on her face said 'I can't believe you are sat there eating a sub with a knife & fork'!!

BracedInNOLA

#18 Post by BracedInNOLA »

[quote="Leftie"]ha ha ha that reminded me of the odd looks I got from a lady I had to share a table with the other day when at Subway!
Her look on her face said 'I can't believe you are sat there eating a sub with a knife & fork'!![/quote]
Wow, I would have thought subway bread (soft) would be ok to eat 'normally'. I was told no poor boy bread (crusty french bread) but they didn't say anything about soft breads being an issue.

Or is it just the bread getting stuck in the front brackets?

And the sister that drew my name for Christmas included a couple of 'braces' cookbooks! Need to go through and pick a few things to try out to start with. One has 'gourmet' tips - and the one I read added garlic to the recipe. That just sounds like 'normal cooking' to me!

bushbaby

#19 Post by bushbaby »

Leftie wrote:I have to say I still eat almost everything, as long as I can cut it up!
As others have said I miss being able to take a bite out of something, as it is really just too uncomfortable even with really soft food.

I put on another post that I am looking forward to having fajita wraps when my braces come off! (Oh and I won't miss getting funny looks in public when I have to break up biscuits etc before being able to eat them!)

:tingrin:
I think you're my twin, I could have written this :D

bushbaby

#20 Post by bushbaby »

Leftie wrote:ha ha ha that reminded me of the odd looks I got from a lady I had to share a table with the other day when at Subway!
Her look on her face said 'I can't believe you are sat there eating a sub with a knife & fork'!!
I get funny looks firstly when I ask for cutlery in McDonalds, and secondly when I then cut up the chicken selects before eating them.... (who even knew you could get cutlery in McDonalds?!)

nessness

#21 Post by nessness »

I eat most things i ate before being braced, i just have to be cautious with certain foods as people have written on here...think that is definitely the worst part about it. Just want to bite down and wrestle with a burger at times, but im usually downsizing it before i attempt to bite it *sigh*
The foods I haven't even attempted to eat are things like popcorn, peanuts, and super sticky caramel sweets which are things i really miss. Used to nibble my way through a couple bags of popcorn at the cinema :(

Boira

#22 Post by Boira »

I really miss biting an apple! I must cut it into small pieces first.
  • Invisalign 1st round: 23/26U - 23/60L - 13 attachments. Stopped at tray 23.
  • Mid-course correction: 15/15U - 37/37L - 11 attachments - DONE!
  • Refinements: 33/33U - 33/33L - 17 attachments - DONE!
  • Refinements 2nd round: 1/18U - 1/18L - 10 attachments

sunnylocks

#23 Post by sunnylocks »

I honestly eat pretty much everything I did before the braces, it's the manner of eating that I miss...corn on the cob, apples, burgers...it's the biting into things that I miss the most...can't wait to be able to do that again!

braceface74

#24 Post by braceface74 »

I'm hoping that the braces will be a bit of a diet aid for me.. same as having my jaws wired lol.... although i'd imagine i'd end up liquidising things so i can still eat it :wink:

braceface74

#25 Post by braceface74 »

PS, i'm not due to actually get my braces til monday :D

buttercreme

#26 Post by buttercreme »

I really miss eating popcorn, red vines, biting into sandwiches with my front teeth....I haven't had any curry chicken yet....running my tongue across your teeth is also a negative...

kellyb

#27 Post by kellyb »

apples! cutting up apples in small pieces is not the same as biting in a whole apple :(
chewing gum
kfc spicy wings
baguette

workingmomma

#28 Post by workingmomma »

Goodness, I could come up with quite a list, but the thing I miss the most is Snickers and Butterfinger Candy bars. I have a terrible sweettooth, and It's been a challenge giving them up.

BracedinNola- I'll second you on the ribs! Il ove them as well. Although, I managed to eat pulled pork the other day, it just isn't the same. :)
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

I'm already counting down the days until I get these off.

BracedInNOLA

#29 Post by BracedInNOLA »

workingmomma - at least chocolate is still ok!! Hmmm, I wonder about non-nut pralines...they can sort of melt, right? and aren't too chewy.... I 'need' to go to the Quarter during the day this weekend and may have to try a sample in the French Market... But no muffalettas or Poor Boys this trip - just got my braces on yesterday and getting used to this whole new way of chewing! (Seeing that you're from Southern Mississippi, I figure you know what I'm talking about there!)

workingmomma

#30 Post by workingmomma »

bracedinNola- I hadn't even thought about pralines.. I bet they would be ok. As for the poboys, you can always ask for like a sloppy roast beef with lots of au jus to soften the bread. :)
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

I'm already counting down the days until I get these off.