spaces in between teeth

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kinda Nervous

spaces in between teeth

#1 Post by Kinda Nervous »

Has anyone had any spaces in between their teeth , I have had braces for
17 months now, Seem to still have small space at gum lines at the top.
Not sure if power chain would pull them tighter. Teeth are straight, now
have a appt next week. just wondering about teeth now, Not being tight
together . Not sure if anyone knows any thing about this??

Crazy4Snow

Re: spaces in between teeth

#2 Post by Crazy4Snow »

Not sure I know what you're talking about. It would be easier if you posted photos. :wink:

My story in this forum:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=38942

Braced: 4/7/2011
Metal Upper & Lower
Sentence: 18-24 months
Removal Date: 9/4/13

catgyrl

#3 Post by catgyrl »

I think OP is referring to the "little black spaces" (they kinda look like you have pepper stuck in between your teeth!). From what I've read of other patients, those are often pulled together towards the end of treatment with powerchains (which work WONDERS!!) I wouldn't worry too much about them, unless he starts talking about de-bracing with the spaces still there. Then I'd bring the topic up. I have these, too, and can't wait to get rid of them.

Bracer215

#4 Post by Bracer215 »

Think you may be referring to what they call black triangles. The spaces are by the gum line but do not extend the whole length of the tooth. From what I have read they are quite common. I have them and when I went in for adjustment few days ago the ortho did some IPR after which he put on a power chain. He said they may not totally go away but the IPR and power chain should reduce them.

catgyrl

#5 Post by catgyrl »

Yes, yes... little black TRIANGLES. Couldn't remember the proper word for them. :D