A Quick Intro...

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Crazy4Snow

A Quick Intro...

#1 Post by Crazy4Snow »

I'm here, I'm here! Yay!!!

My name is Audrey, I'm 43, married, one grown beautiful daughter and I'm a native Texan transplanted to Virginia, it's beautiful here but I sure miss my home state, the friendly people & the wide open spaces. I don't however miss the relentless heat and the chronically insane traffic, at least the traffic in the DFW area, whew! I'll tell you more about myself in the next coming days, weeks and years...as I'm just in the early stages of preparation for braces.

I should have gotten them when I was young but didn't, that was beyond my control. Now at 43 I'm finally going to get them and hopefully perfect, straight, beautiful teeth will be the end result!

I had my first major scaling done...ouch, don't ever want to go through that again! One filling and 2 failed root canal retreats...now I have to have those 2 teeth pulled...so sad about that! Having them pulled this Thursday at which time we'll discuss the replacement of them. Don't know how that is going to take place, before or after the braces, but I'm sure they'll do what is best.

I've been reading here for a few days, all of you sound so "smart", all the technical terms and dental terminology...I don't know squat and have a million questions. Like why do some have to have some sort of surgery? Yikes, scare the crap outta me and I hope my braces are simple-er.

My main problems are crowding, not extreme crowding, but they're tight and crooked. Also, I have a terrible bite, like when I comfortablly close my mouth, my the only teeth that touch are the front uppers just outside of the front lowers. To get a true bit I have to pull my chin inward and then I can touch the back ones together but it's uncomfortable and sometimes painful. I have terrible jaw problems, locking up occasionally, soreness, clicking, cracking, etc.

So that's that. I'm brushing and flossing as usual & whitening and doing everything possible to get ready for the day. But I'm absolutely terrified, petrified and mortified that I have to have 2 teeth pulled. It is gonna HURT! But all I keep thinking about is the end result...I'll get braces finally, have straight teeth and they'll replace my missing teeth with a bridge or implants...so it's all gonna be worth it!!!

web

Re: A Quick Intro...

#2 Post by web »

Crazy4Snow, good luck with everything.

noveldevice

#3 Post by noveldevice »

Good luck! I had to have three premolars extracted to make room (but they let me keep my wisdom teeth!) and while the extraction itself was done under plenty of local, it was sort of traumatizing. The nurse held my hand, which was embarrassing but I appreciated it. My best advice for the extraction is to take care of yourself afterward. Take it easy, because it'll be painful and you won't feel right again for several days.

Crazy4Snow

#4 Post by Crazy4Snow »

OMG...I'm totally miserable. In a tremendous amount of pain. There were complications, I'll write more when I feel better, later today perhaps. :(

My story in this forum:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=38942

Braced: 4/7/2011
Metal Upper & Lower
Sentence: 18-24 months
Removal Date: 9/4/13

web

#5 Post by web »

ohhh Crazy4Snow,,,hope you feel better soon. :cry:

lilone

#6 Post by lilone »

Oh no, that sounds terrible! Was it the extraction itself or are you one of the unlucky ones with dry socket? Either way, I sincerely hope you feel better soon!

mikek

#7 Post by mikek »

You'll feel better soon!

fangsbegone

#8 Post by fangsbegone »

Good luck with everything!