How long until I can eat 'properly'?!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LaraS

How long until I can eat 'properly'?!

#1 Post by LaraS »

I had my braces put on 3 days ago. I know I'm being really impatient, and that it will take me time to get used it everything, but I am so sick of soup! I was just wondering how long it took people before they were able to eat a relatively normal meal?
(I think I chose the wrong time of year to start this - I'm thinking I will have to stick the Christmas turkey in a blender!)

trampswife

#2 Post by trampswife »

Probably just a couple more days. Cut things up small and chew softly. You will be just fine.

BraceFace2o1o

#3 Post by BraceFace2o1o »

For me personally, I was only able to eat soft foods (soup, ice cream, mashed potatoes, scrambled egg etc) for a good 5 days. Anything that required chewing was a nightmare as my back teeth hurt rather bad (I never expected it to be like that). I also think everyone is different. I would say my pain threshold isn't low, but the pain in my back teeth when trying to chew was just, well, nasty.

By about day 5 or 6 things started to calm down a bit. I am now on day 10 and can eat most normal things again as I am able to chew without any discomfort :D (or if there is, it's only very minor).
Braces: Metal fixed upper and lower
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces Removed: August 2013 (after 33 months in braces)
Retainers: Upper & lower essix and lower bonded
My Story / Before & After photos

LaraS

#4 Post by LaraS »

Thanks so much for your replies. I think I just need to be a bit more patient!