New to Braces!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Candice

New to Braces!

#1 Post by Candice »

Hi all!

My name is Candice and I am 25 years old. I am quite new to braces! I was banded on Sept. 30th, 2010, so almost 6 weeks ago! My orthodontist estimates 12-16 months to fix all my issues. I happen to work for my ortho, so one of the benefits is free braces! I hope to post pics soon and post regularly. I'd love to learn all the tricks people use to make braces more tolerable! Cheers. :D

dangerdude

#2 Post by dangerdude »

Welcome!

Nice to know we have an insider here :lol: Spill some secrets. Why is there such a huge markup for clear brackets?

drgnchsr36

#3 Post by drgnchsr36 »

Wow, that's awesome! That's a huge bonus for working for the ortho! :)

I'm not getting mine until January, but that's not a bad benefit. I'm just glad to have the insurance pitch in a little bit. I'm hoping the FSA will work out as well.

Hope all is going well with them! Any inside information? Can one still eat chips??

I don't think I could give that up.. I love love chips and salsa!

dangerdude

#4 Post by dangerdude »

I don't have braces yet either but for chips and salsa, you could always crush the chips, mix it in with the salsa and spoon eat it. Thats what I do sometimes when I'm lazy :D