hi, Newbie

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

fleur26

hi, Newbie

#1 Post by fleur26 »

Hi, I'm 25 and living in the UK and currently a new starter with full metal braces. I've currently only had my front teeth up to my molars braced at the moment and am now off on my own until next six week appointment. some pain so far as only just had them put on tuesday afternoon!- im having braces to treat my poor bite with my back teeth as they only meet in very limited places and cause me lots of woes.
hello to everyone on here. ive been reading for a while and have learnt a lot :D

BraceFace2o1o

#2 Post by BraceFace2o1o »

Hi fleur26 and welcome!

I am 24 and from the UK too. Good luck with your new braces!

This is a great forum and I've learnt alot from being on here :)
Braces: Metal fixed upper and lower
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces Removed: August 2013 (after 33 months in braces)
Retainers: Upper & lower essix and lower bonded
My Story / Before & After photos

fleur26

#3 Post by fleur26 »

Hi Chrystal,
Thanks :) Hope all goes well with your treatment. I'm getting used to mine still as all rather new. I shall keep you updated though :)

petal

#4 Post by petal »

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going for you? since you are a few days ahead of me I wanted to know if you are feeling much discomfort? Are you needing to use wax? hoping things are going well and we will both see lovely changes soon!

fleur26

#5 Post by fleur26 »

hiya petal... had a bit of pain for the first three or so nights but things seemed to have settled a bit now.... using wax at the front to protect. have only had up to my molar braced at the mo. hope you are well. thanks for being a 'brace buddy!' yay!

petal

#6 Post by petal »

I am glad that things are going well for you. I have not had any discomfort, but may use a little wax tonight in 2 places. My speech is really bad, and I am going back to work tomorrow, where I will be doing a lot of talking. I figure it will either make me or break me. I am trying to laugh it off. I told my hubby he should come along to translate for me...but, he can't understand me either. ;)

fleur26

#7 Post by fleur26 »

im sure you dont sound as bad as you think :) im having a little rubbing today as i feel theres been a lil movement. so am gonna pop some wax on later.

petal

#8 Post by petal »

Are you still feeling any movement? Does it seem to be in one area or does it move around? My front crooked tooth was really feeling like it wanted to move earlier, but now is has calmed down. I am so fascinated by this whole process. My niece, 12 years old, may get braces in the future, so I am giving her play-by-play. I hope you had a nice day, fleur26. Enjoy your weekend!

fleur26

#9 Post by fleur26 »

petal wrote:Are you still feeling any movement? Does it seem to be in one area or does it move around? My front crooked tooth was really feeling like it wanted to move earlier, but now is has calmed down. I am so fascinated by this whole process. My niece, 12 years old, may get braces in the future, so I am giving her play-by-play. I hope you had a nice day, fleur26. Enjoy your weekend!
heya petal.. different places seem to meet and touch and feel like movement is happening each day. i think the movement i can notice most at the moment most is around my extraction gaps. glad you are feeling things are moving for you too. it is exciting stuff isnt it?

petal

#10 Post by petal »

Hi Fleur26, I will be out of town with my husband for most of November. I won't have access to the internet. I will check back in when I can. I will miss chatting with you and hearing how you are doing. I look forward to catching up with you when I can get back online mid November. I wish you well! Take care of yourself!

fleur26

#11 Post by fleur26 »

thanks petal. look 4ward to you being back so we can catch up! :)

petal

#12 Post by petal »

Just checking in, I will be online through Friday night. My husband and I will then be leaving town for about 10 more days. I hope you are doing well, I am not having any problems right now with my braces....that makes me very happy! I hope things are going well for you! Take care and I will check in again tomorrow night.

fleur26

#13 Post by fleur26 »

hey petal, yeah im okay thanks. glad u okay. did you get your bracket sorted out? i hope so! take care and hope we can chat and catch up again soon, lv x

petal

#14 Post by petal »

I am back from vacation. I hope things are going well for you. I will have my bracket repaired on December 15th. I did have to go to another ortho while on vacation to clip the wire when it started poking me. For right now all is well! How are you?

RunningMad

#15 Post by RunningMad »

Today I've offically joined the bracket club with uppers and lowers. Going to get used to eating with them and not had pain so far (until the ibroprofen wears off I think).

Only slight problem at the moment is when I eat it catches a bit on my bottom lip so I've stuck some wax on for the time being.

I've ordered a denta kit from USA (I'm in UK) has anyone else used this? Countdown begins today!!

1st adjustment: 11th January 2011

Uppers & Lower metal braces: 23rd November 2010 for 2 years