Joining the club of braces faces!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

EstelleDeParis

Joining the club of braces faces!

#1 Post by EstelleDeParis »

Hi everybody,

I'm Estelle, 34 y/o and am starting my orthodontic treatment tomorrow morning. Not sure if I get the full top and bottom set of braces tomorrow. I do know I am getting spacers around my 4 crowns to prepare them for banding.

I am not looking forward for the constant discomfort, the tedious cleaning and the canker sores but all together I owe it my smile which is tainted by a mess of crooked lower teeth and shifted upper ones. Getting rid of recurring periodontal disease, making cleaning my teeth easier and finally get implants for the molars I am missing is really what I am looking forward to.

I don't want to torture you fellow braces wearer but since I enjoy my last days of freedom, I have been eating Tbone steaks, messy sugary sweets things as much as I can. Tomorrow will be smoothies, soups and pudding. I think I am ready!

EstelleDeParis

#2 Post by EstelleDeParis »

Oops! posted too fast.

Here are 2 shots before: You can see the lower crowding and upper shifting. Hygienists always have a hard time cleaning the bottom and I get quadrants cleaning concentrated here to avoid periodontal disease that develops even if I carefully clean my teeth. *sigh*

On this one you can see that my teeth collapse inside and are beyond crowding. I am also missing a molar which makes chewing annoying.There are already a bunch of things I don't like to eat like tortilla chips that poke the naked gums. Sadly I am also missing a molar on the other side on top.

SDFD TSchott

#3 Post by SDFD TSchott »

EstelleDeParis wrote:Oops! posted too fast.

Here are 2 shots before: You can see the lower crowding and upper shifting. Hygienists always have a hard time cleaning the bottom and I get quadrants cleaning concentrated here to avoid periodontal disease that develops even if I carefully clean my teeth. *sigh*

On this one you can see that my teeth collapse inside and are beyond crowding. I am also missing a molar which makes chewing annoying.There are already a bunch of things I don't like to eat like tortilla chips that poke the naked gums. Sadly I am also missing a molar on the other side on top.

Your photos are not showing up for one reason that I can see. Your link doesn't end the way it usually does for links to end (see below)

Your Codes:

Code: Select all

http://www.flickr.com/photos/estelledeparis/4929770504/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/estelledeparis/4931193026/in/photostream
Codes Should End:

www.flicr.com/photos/estelledeparis/______.jpg
See the .jpg at the end of the code? That's what you need in order for your pictures to show here on the forums.

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

EstelleDeParis

#4 Post by EstelleDeParis »

Oh ok! Thanks for your help, I should probably do a preview next time to make sure the links show properly.

EstelleDeParis

#5 Post by EstelleDeParis »

All right. Now that I finally figured out on how to post pics. Here are the "before" shots.

Tomorrow is the beginning of a long journey to change all this mess!

SDFD TSchott

#6 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Awesome, looks like you have a great journey to go full steam ahead :) Looking forward to your story.

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

Rizzie

#7 Post by Rizzie »

Hello and welcome! You will be surprised at how fast your teeth will untangle. My lowers looked a lot like yours, and after 2 months they are now sitting side-by-side.

Hope your bracing goes smoothly, and keep us posted.

aveggiewriter

#8 Post by aveggiewriter »

Hi Estelle,

I'm curious to see how your treatment is progressing. I'm 19 and braces are still a few months at least away from me as I'm just starting out and may need extractions. But I can see some similarities between my teeth and yours. I have an extra tooth in front of the others on my lower row and lots of crowding on the upper. One of my front teeth sticks out and I have a tooth set behind.

I hope it's all going well for you so far.

Alex

EstelleDeParis

#9 Post by EstelleDeParis »

I have been in treatment for 2 months.

I just had an adjustment and all rewired at the bottom. The top was left with the original wiring.

There has been A LOT of movement and the bottom teeth are getting less and less sore!

That picture was taken the day I got braced.

This picture was taken today. 2 months and 6 days in treatment.

Pictures speak for themselves!!! Of course like a lot told here, it gets worse before it gets better but you can see how fast the process goes.

My ortho says he thinks it will take something like 6 months to move my teeth to a more lined up position and the rest of the treatment to play with my bite.

I am able to floss the bottom front teeth with a lot of ease and my gums are already liking this a lot!
Apart from a little bit of sensitivity to cold after each adjustment and a few days of discomfort, all together it is not so bad.

The worst part was when they put them in, 2 months ago. I was litteraly crying at night but really after a while it's getting better.

Sandpiper

#10 Post by Sandpiper »

Fantastic progress - you must be very encouraged. Look forward to hearing how things improve over the coming months.
471 days in braces

[/url]

Snowglobe32

#11 Post by Snowglobe32 »

Looking good so far! Isn't it amazing how quickly the teeth move?

Vanessaness

#12 Post by Vanessaness »

Wow I'm amazed at how much your teeth have moved in such short time. I just got mine done yesterday and in a lot of pain. But looking forward to the changes that are to come.

EstelleDeParis

#13 Post by EstelleDeParis »

So I noticed a few days a quite remarkable milestone in this long process of shifting the crookedness around.

All front bottom teeth have moved quite significantly and are now in a better aligned position. Also the pain is new reasonable, the bottom part of my mouth was so sore for the longest time until a week ago or so, I can finally use my front teeth to eat :D

So here are the pictures, 2 months and 18 days in treatment:

The top didn't move so much except for a few teeth, because there was not so much crowding, it is way less flagrant but still noticeable also the top hasn't been rewired since day 1. Maybe next appointment?

EstelleDeParis

#14 Post by EstelleDeParis »

DOH!

That's the second picture I meant to post!