Almost 2 years in and have questions

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

joeybanks

Almost 2 years in and have questions

#1 Post by joeybanks »

In the past 6 months I have seen little to NO progress in my treatment. The orthodontist spends very little time with me during adjustments. What should I do? I feel like I am gonna wear braces forever.

Joey

rhomboid

#2 Post by rhomboid »

That is a real dilemma. Are you sure that you have no progress, arch development, leveling or something? Can you email him with your concern?

sammywantstraightteeth

#3 Post by sammywantstraightteeth »

Don't be afraid to harrass your ortho with questions. You are paying for his/her time so use it. If you want reassurance from them then just ask 'what is actually happening to my teeth right now, because I can't see anything changing?'.

Remember - they work for YOU!

Treatment started: 13th July 2010.
http://sammiesbraces.livejournal.com
http://pics.livejournal.com/sammiesbraces
Expected finish: 14th June 2011.
Upper Trays: 21
Lower Trays: 24

Takako

#4 Post by Takako »

Definitely ask! I too am in the "boring" stage of treatment. I actually have been for almost a year now it seems lol. I asked my ortho back in February what was going on, because I felt discouraged and like nothing had happened. She told me everything was going exactly according to plan! Now she makes sure to tell me "Your mouth looks good, right on schedule" when I see her, and that helps a lot. She reassured me and told me that things are boring from here on out, and not to give up. I DID get a new wire about 5 weeks ago though, wooo hoo!!