How do you keep bracket on a crown

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kinda Nervous

How do you keep bracket on a crown

#1 Post by Kinda Nervous »

I had one fall off today and was told come back in a week???
Seems like a long time but it is my next appt. I guess they
feel I will have my for at least two years what's a week? Now I
will be longer with my treatment. ERR.. Not to happy about that.

Steph in Sac

#2 Post by Steph in Sac »

I have two brackets on crowns and both have stayed (knocking on wood). They scraped/etched the crown slightly and used a special light to cure the cement. I was told that there was a chance it wouldn't take the first time and a chance they'd come off later. So far (4 months) so good. So, perhaps when they re-adhere yours, it will stay put. Best of luck.

MegP60+

How do you keep a bracket on a crown

#3 Post by MegP60+ »

I have a crown and a molar band, with bracket, on the crown. The ortho said that it would be too difficult to attach the bracket to the crown otherwise - meaning to get it to stay on.

browneyedgrl

#4 Post by browneyedgrl »

I had a bracket on a crown(lower molar) and had no problems. It didn't come off until it was removed.

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

catgyrl

#5 Post by catgyrl »

I, too, had a bracket come off after about a week. It was placed on a porcelain crown, and I was told that there was a good possibility it would come off, but they wanted to try anyway. I went in a day after it came off, and they did something to the surface of my crown and re-glued it on. So far, over 2 months later, it's stuck on there pretty good.

My silver molar crowns, however, had to get banded because there was no way he could get them to stick on there.