Braced today... Is this normal?

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

amy2u

Braced today... Is this normal?

#1 Post by amy2u »

So I'm officially braced. It ended up taking over two and a half hours. For some reason the glue didn't set properly and all but 4 of the brackets came off as soon as she pulled on them to make sure they were good and tight. So they had to polish off all of the "old" glue and start over. Luckily, everything stuck on the second try.
Anyway, my questions is this..... When I tried flossing a little while ago, I found several places where I just absolutely CANNOT get the floss through. I'm honestly thinking that some glue or sealant or whatever the heck they use, has bonded my teeth together. I had no problem flossing these same teeth yesterday and I wouldn't think that my teeth would have been able to move that much in just a couple of hours. Has any else experienced this after you first got your braces?

Tovin

#2 Post by Tovin »

I got braced this morning and after 30ish minutes I was done flossing - except between 3 sets of teeth where the floss (tried three different kids of floss!) was just NOT going to go through - 2 sets were because the brackets are RIGHT on top of where my gap is!

So I'm going to assume this is normal, but I'm calling my ortho's office tomorrow to make sure, just in case!

Good luck!

fluffybottom

#3 Post by fluffybottom »

My teeth were VERY tight when I was braced and I couldn't floss some teeth for several days. From what I understand, this is fairly common. However, if you go a week and still can't floss, you might have glue between your teeth and should head back to the ortho for them to get it off.

Congrats on being braced!
I had my braces on for 2 years, 1 month, 2 weeks and 2 days.

amy2u

#4 Post by amy2u »

Thanks for your replies. My orthodontist called this morning to see how I was doing and I asked him about it. He explained to me that it was probably sealant. He told me how to get it off myself and told me to call the office on Monday if I couldn't get it, and they would have me come in.

*Fluffybottom* I see you're getting your braces off in just over a week. How exciting!!