Braces take II - Newbie

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

yo

Braces take II - Newbie

#1 Post by yo »

I got my first set of braces off a couple of weeks before my wedding, I was about 25. About 6 months after the braces came off I had some slight spacing between the two front teeth which bonding took care of. At about 40 things started getting worse and it took more bonding on the upper front 4 teeth to keep the spacing at bay.

Now, here I am a 50 year OLD woman getting braced on Monday the first. Last Thursday I had all of the bonding taken off and I was in total shock at how bad things actually were. I think I would have liked my dentist to push me towards braces earlier, I had no idea it was so bad. I've stayed home all weekend, I don't want to go out with these massive spaces on my teeth.

Here is my pic with bonding

and this is with the bonding removed :shock:

Snowglobe32

#2 Post by Snowglobe32 »

Hi there,

I have never seen with and without bonding pictures, thanks for posting those. In the end, you won't have to worry about bonding since the braces will take care of the spaces. :D

Good luck tomorrow!

Donna

#3 Post by Donna »

Welcome to the board! And good luck tomorrow!

BracketRacket

#4 Post by BracketRacket »

50 years YOUNG. :-P

Lots of luck tomorrow! Your pics are pretty neat -- and they'll be great to compare your progress!

Kinda Nervous

Hey we are in the same boat here.

#5 Post by Kinda Nervous »

You will soon see a move in your teeth. What kinda on braces did you get?
I have had mine for over a month. Some movement on my top not as much on my bottom I have a space too in my bottom teeth I have one in the middle of my bottom that I"m not fond of either , Time will tell if it closes up..... Keep up your faith......

mikesmile

#6 Post by mikesmile »

Hi Yo, :)

Just thought I'd drop by to congratulate you on getting braced again.Welcome to the 'Braced Over 50 Club." I hope the new hardware is treating you well. Is it like you remembered the first time? I'll tell ya. as soon as my new braces were on, the feeling was so familiar. Even at 53, it really hasn't taken much time for me to get used to them.

Your pictures look great. It will be fun following your progress. I think you made a wise choice replacing your bonding with good 'ol fashioned orthodontic care.

yo

#7 Post by yo »

Thanks for checking Mike. I've had the uppers on for 3 days now, and I feel pretty good. The hole in my left cheek is bugging me, but I've lumped a bunch of wax on the bracket so it should heal.

I got my micrometer out and I think my teeth moved a teeny tiny bit! I know, wishful thinking!