Will be initiated into the Bracket Club in 12 days

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Boohill

Will be initiated into the Bracket Club in 12 days

#1 Post by Boohill »

Hi all
I will officially be joining the Bracket Club in 12 days. :tingrin: :dance: Woo hoo. I can’t wait. :banana: I am so excited. I’ve met so many great people on AW already and I look forward to sharing my story with everyone. :computer: Reading other posts here has definitely helped me make the decision to get treatment. I’ve always just wished I had straight teeth and admired everyone else who had them. :-** Now I know that it’s not a far reach for me to have straighter teeth as well. Now its time to do something about it. I feel so much support here. It’s nice to talk to other adults who are going through the same experiences. I don’t know anyone with braces to talk to. I enjoy all of the detailed posts found here.
Anyway I will be initiated into the club on January 11. :-88

gokix

#2 Post by gokix »

T-minus 10 days! Welcome and good luck. :)

frazali

#3 Post by frazali »

Hi Boohill, how goes it with the braces?

BracketRacket

#4 Post by BracketRacket »

Hope everything went well! Can't wait to *hear* all about it!

Boohill

#5 Post by Boohill »

Everything went well yesterday. Putting the braces on was a painless process. The OD applied the brackets and the assistant put on the wire and the ligs. I got metallic magenta. I could feel the pressure immediately after she secured the left side then pulled the wire to attach the right side. I pigged out at Wendy’s right before my appointment. Then I went shopping a little then went home to get ready for school. I only had about an hour to get ready and I tried to eat some alphabet vegetable soup because I would be in school until 10:30 pm. I had no pain still but it was very uncomfortable to chew. I didn’t have time to eat slow or figure out the best way to do it so I just half-chewed a few spoonfuls and then left. I brushed my before leaving and it was also painless but I could feel the difference. I tried to eat some goldfish (the cheese baked kind) out of the machine in the school lounge. I thought they would just kinda melt in my mouth. NOT. I just sucked on them. Later I could feel even more pressure on my teeth. I took some Advil. When I got home from school, I tried to have a pop tart and I did manage to get it down but it was a lot of work and I just gave up, brushed and went to sleep. Now I’m here at work and I’m hungry. I just ordered some French toast. I hope that is not too uncomfortable to chew.
But overall I’m having a good experience. I was talking to my son for over a half hour and he didn’t even notice the braces. When he did, he said that I look so young.

Thanks for checking on me.

frazali

#6 Post by frazali »

Boohill - metallic magenta meaning the rubber bands are magenta and the brackets metal, or are your brackets actually magenta?!

I think you'll also find that some food surprises you in terms of whether or not it's easy or difficult to eat. I found out on here that saltines are actually easy to eat - who would have thought that?

Glad to hear that you're not in pain :)

Boohill

#7 Post by Boohill »

Sorry frazali if I wasnt clear. I just have magenta rubber ligs. Although colored wires might be fun. (if they existed)

wycket

#8 Post by wycket »

Hello Boohill!

I'm so glad to hear everything went well yesterday, and that you're feeling good! Looking forward to seeing some pics -- I bet the magenta ligs are super cute!! :D

knmiller

#9 Post by knmiller »

CONGRATS!!! hope ur pain subsides soon!!

~~~13 MORE DAYS TILL BRACE DAY!!~~~~

Boohill

#10 Post by Boohill »

Today I passed on breakfast. My teeth hurt. Its not so bad but eating is out of the question. I took advil an hour before eating bowtie noodles last night for dinner. I found a spot where I can chew on one side. The other side is not working. It was pretty uncomfortable brushing this morning but I got through it. Flossing was painful last night. I sure hope that gets better or I just wont be eating. :soremouth:

frazali

#11 Post by frazali »

Boohill - I've been making a smoothie for breakfast each morning, and that's working pretty well.

I've also found that because my teeth are shifting, my bite is shifting (certainly logical, I just never really thought about it), which means that the spots where I can chew are changing. The spots where I have to apply wax are changing day by day as well.

Flossing is a real pain, but I just set aside time to do it in the evening. I hope that gets easier.