Adventures of a Mom In Braces- I'M NAKED! :)

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

strugglebuggy

Adventures of a Mom In Braces- I'M NAKED! :)

#1 Post by strugglebuggy »

Saw other's show their ortho's work, so thought I would too. :) My home page isn't much right now, but it's a really good way to track progress. :)
I have ceramic uppers and lowers with bite plane and powerchains right now. Next appointment is mid-April. :) I"m not the best photographer, so bear with me...lol. I've seen changes since the last photo, but I won't take a photo until my next appointment. :) Thanks to everyone for support and encouragement. :)

http://home.comcast.net/~strugglebuggy/Braces.HTML
Last edited by strugglebuggy on Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:07 pm, edited 17 times in total.

lilsisbet

#2 Post by lilsisbet »

I love it when people post pictures. You can really see the movement in your teeth. Isn't it encouraging? I am looking forward to your next picture.
Elizabeth
Braces on March 15, 2005
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months. Official debanding date - June 14, 2007 - Total of 27 months!

jenstrom

#3 Post by jenstrom »

I definately see improvement! Can't wait til the next photo! Keep us informed!

strugglebuggy

#4 Post by strugglebuggy »

I started taking pictures because people tell me they notice a change, but I guess because I look at my teeth every day I don't notice the subtle changes. It will be cool a year from now to see how far I've come along. :)

strugglebuggy

March 23, 2005

#5 Post by strugglebuggy »

Had an unexpected trip to the ortho today. My scheduled appt. was for 4 weeks from now, but I play clarinet and oboe and the wires were getting a little too long and needed to be trimmed. He replaced my ligs and powerchains since I was there. Took a photo. :)

strugglebuggy

April 5, 2005

#6 Post by strugglebuggy »

8 weeks. :) Amazing how fast these braces work!

vanilla

#7 Post by vanilla »

I got braced just over a week ago. Friends who know other people in braces have said they noticed a change after a week. I haven't noticed any changes in my teeth so it's encouraging to see these progression pics. You can really see the difference. Thanks for posting 'em, Strugglebuggy! :)
Ceramic + metal since 31/03/05

strugglebuggy

#8 Post by strugglebuggy »

I love posting them. :) It's a cool way to show the newbies what to expect and it's a great motivator for myself to see the changes. I look at them every day and don't notice the little changes until I look back at the photos. :) I will have a new photo on May 3.

swan

#9 Post by swan »

Strugglebuggy,
I find this especially exciting, because your tooth configuration is so similar to mine. Like the one on top sticking out and the lower ones all in front of and behind each other.
I got my braces on about 6 weeks later than you.
Metal braces from March 24, 2005 until July 30, 2007. Estimate was 18-24 months, but I had them for 28 months.

strugglebuggy

#10 Post by strugglebuggy »

Swan, welcome aboard. :) Did you have to have extractions? I had to get my wisdom teeth out in October, before the braces and 4 premolars taken out one week after the braces went on. ( I still don't understand why they decided to take them out after the wires were one, but I digress...lol) Once I had the 4 premolars removed, I could literally feel my crowded teeth stretching their "legs" as if to say AAAAHHHHH! :lol: They've been moving like crazy every since. My two top teeth are no longer overlapped and I actually have a gap between them now, even more so than my most recent picture. And my 4 bottom teeth are not overlapped anymore... they are still out of line, but not overlapped. The big moment for me was when my two top teeth were no longer overlapped. :) The doc says that his goal is to get my teeth spaced out first, then change to a thicker wire to work on root position. I have bite blockers in due to my deep overbite- HATE THEM WITH A PASSION. But at the rate my teeth are moving, I am guessing I won't need them in another couple of months. :)

Good luck with your adventure!! Post some pictures if you get the chance! :-1

swan

#11 Post by swan »

My top wisdom teeth were extracted a looong time ago, 20 years or so. I got one wisdom tooth extracted on the bottom, because it was recommended, but not to make space for the other teeth.
They might have to remove the 4 premolars later, but are trying without extractions first.
They hope it'll work without extractions. :BigGrin:

I'll post some pics next week. I have them stored at work... :)
Metal braces from March 24, 2005 until July 30, 2007. Estimate was 18-24 months, but I had them for 28 months.

strugglebuggy

#12 Post by strugglebuggy »

Hey Swan. :) How are those braces working for you? I go to my next adjustment tomorrow- 12 weeks officially tomorrow! Woo Hoo! lol. I'll post a new pic on my homepage after I get back.

Chris

#13 Post by Chris »

Thanks for the photos, Strugglebuggy! Just a question, are your back molars touching at all when you bite down?
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

strugglebuggy

#14 Post by strugglebuggy »

Nope. :( Makes eating spaghetti fun..lol. Actually, I'm not biting down in my photos to show all my progress... If I bit down on my bite block, you wouldn't be able to see the bottoms well at all. I have a bite block in right now so I don't shear off my bottom brackets. I hate the damn thing, too. When I bite on the block I have a considerable space between my top and bottom molars. Bites... no pun intended. :lol:

strugglebuggy

#15 Post by strugglebuggy »

Hi Everyone. :) Went in to only have ligs changed, and ended up being there for an hour getting new wires on top of my old ones. Also started on elastics- oh boy. Power chains on tops.

I updated my page- just click on the link in my signature. :)