how many have metal, and how many have ceramic brackets?

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Rachael27

how many have metal, and how many have ceramic brackets?

#1 Post by Rachael27 »

i'm just curious how many people on this forum have metal brackets and how many have the ceramic ones? brace day is tuesday and i told them i wanted the regular metal ones. just because, no reason. the ceramic weren't any more or anything. i just decided on the metal. anyway i was thinking of asking if i could change to the ceramic ones so i was just curious who has what?
Rachael

dissonance

#2 Post by dissonance »

I have the clear on top and metal on bottom (metal was the only option for me on the bottom). Pictures are in my braces story... the link is in my footer.

browneyedgrl

#3 Post by browneyedgrl »

I have ceramic on my upper social eight and the rest are metal. I have pics in my story which I'm in the middle of updating. Just click on my www below.

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

gguguseli

#4 Post by gguguseli »

I have metal on top and bottom (Speed brackets)
Had braces for 3 years, 7 months and 1 week

Permanent bottom and upper retainer since 04.02.2012

changes09

#5 Post by changes09 »

Since I am getting braces my doc said metal would be better becuase during surgery the ceramic has a tendency to pop off. He said that I had my heart set onthe cermaic he would put them on. But I declined. So metal on top and bottom.

Andromeda

#6 Post by Andromeda »

I have ceramic on top and bottom.

veryscared

#7 Post by veryscared »

metal as was told they would have to be on for less time

Brussles

#8 Post by Brussles »

Metal (Damon 3MX), for several reasons:
1. Stronger bonding
2. Smaller overall size
3. Type first recommended by orthodontist
4. My teeth attract magnets now! :D
Sentenced: 18 months + 12 months

Image Image

Tommm

#9 Post by Tommm »

Went with In-Ovation C, clear self-ligating braces for top and bottom. I'm really glad that I went with the clear ones imo.

ClareBear

#10 Post by ClareBear »

I have metal brackets on the top and bottom. I really wanted ceramics, but my dentist talked me out of it due to longer treatment time and more possibility that they would pop off.

Rachel B

#11 Post by Rachel B »

I have clear ceramic braces on all my teeth.
Only had them for a short while but so far I'm really pleased I went with the less noticable option. They are really comfortable and I've gotten used to them really quickly.
I am super careful about staining my ligs tho which is a bit time consuming.

:lol: Rach

switchblades

#12 Post by switchblades »

Metal. I didn't even consider anyhting else. I loved the way I looked with braces the first time around, and I think I look really cute with them this time too! Haha I'm a weirdo, what 13 year old likes the way they look in braces? Let alone again at 23! But I'm always been made fun of for my teeth, especially as a child (kids are so cruel!), and the fact that people could see I was doing something about it made them stop with the teasing. Can't really call someone a 'beaver' when they no longer have buck teeth! (It's stupid, but I still get really upset when someone mentions that nickname around me).

But yes, metal all the way!
Initial Consult: August 22nd, 2008
Upper Arch Bracketed: October 22nd, 2008
Lower Arch Bracketed: December 3rd, 2008
Debraced: October 15th, 2009

My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... sc&start=0

Bubbz

#13 Post by Bubbz »

I have the innovation ceramic self litigating braces as well on top and bottom. They're pretty small, not very noticeable, and I don't have to worry about ligature staining!

Bubbz

#14 Post by Bubbz »

I have the innovation ceramic self litigating braces as well on top and bottom. They're pretty small, not very noticeable, and I don't have to worry about ligature staining!

Katarina527

Colors

#15 Post by Katarina527 »

Hi, I have ceramic brackets on top, and metal on the bottom. This combo seems to be popular, especially on adults, because they don't show as much. Its just a matter of taste I suppose! 8)