Made it through Day 2

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Braces20

Made it through Day 2

#1 Post by Braces20 »

Hi everyone!

My name is Michael, and I am 20 years old. I just got braces (on Friday) after having extremely crowded teeth for most of my life. I have ceramic on the top, and metal on the bottom. I had two lower bicuspids extracted, and spacers for a few days, prior to the braces.

I am glad work is finally being done (albeit sometimes frustrating). I just cannot wait to finally be able to eat semi-normally again.

chef

#2 Post by chef »

How's it going? You should be able to eat ok by now. Hang in there. You will get very used to the whole process. Just passing 14 months with about another 16 to go, but already I know this is so worth it, and I got used to it all real fast.

Braces20

#3 Post by Braces20 »

It is going well. I can eat fine now. No real discomfort. Just getting used to brushing after every meal (like I should have been doing anyway) and using mouth wash like never before.

As of yesterday it has been 2 weeks. When I can home from college, my dad could already see changes.

I am told 24-28 months. Here's to hoping...

soccerallison21

awesome

#4 Post by soccerallison21 »

Way to go. Same boat for me too. Still adjusting to starting braces in college. Many students have braces at your school?