Unexpected benefits from braces?

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

theresawall

Unexpected benefits from braces?

#1 Post by theresawall »

Hi everyone!

Hope you all had a great 4th of July. I'm here in Northern Cali and it is HOT here! 106 degrees.

Anyway, I was just thinking about one of the benefits that getting braces gave to me - I've got long fingernails now! Since I was a little girl I would bite my fingernails - but no more! What a bonus! I think I've also lost a couple of pounds because my teeth still feel a little "loose" and so I can really eat anything that has to be bitten off. Everything is cut up (small!)
and gingerly chewed or swallowed semi-whole. hehe!

I'd love to hear if anyone else has had any unexpected positives happen to them because of their braces.

Theresa

AngelRuse

#2 Post by AngelRuse »

I'm with you on the food issues. :wink: My teeth have finally loosened up a bit and I noticed tonight biting into my cheeseburger was a bit more daunting than it has been, so I'll be eating a bit less and cutting up now as well. :wink:

Here's to pounds lost. :wink: 8)

Bracefacegal

Re: Unexpected benefits from braces?

#3 Post by Bracefacegal »

theresawall wrote:Hi everyone!

Hope you all had a great 4th of July. I'm here in Northern Cali and it is HOT here! 106 degrees.

Anyway, I was just thinking about one of the benefits that getting braces gave to me - I've got long fingernails now! Since I was a little girl I would bite my fingernails - but no more! What a bonus! I think I've also lost a couple of pounds because my teeth still feel a little "loose" and so I can really eat anything that has to be bitten off. Everything is cut up (small!)
and gingerly chewed or swallowed semi-whole. hehe!

I'd love to hear if anyone else has had any unexpected positives happen to them because of their braces.

Theresa
I was discussing that very thing this morning! I am enjoying wonderfully long fingernails now! :) One of the few benefits (besides a fab smile at the end of this) while wearing these things!
It's never too late to fix your smile! :)

RainAndTangerines

#4 Post by RainAndTangerines »

I'm with you on the long nails! Before I didn't always bite my nails, but I had a bad habit of doing it every now and then, which made my nails weak. And now that I have braces, my nails are so long and strong. I love the way they look!

Happy40th

#5 Post by Happy40th »

I hope there are unexpected benefits -- Day 3 for me and no fun so far. Hopefully a few pounds off as I have been pretty much soup and ice cream only -- guess the ice cream may keep that from happening!

A little discouraged to hear that biting is still difficult a month into it -- this is my second go 'round with braces (first as a teen -- now 39) -- and I don't remember the eating being this difficult!

Chantal

Me Too!

#6 Post by Chantal »

I'm only Day 2, and I realize that I can't bite my nails anymore! Now THAT will be a great change!
And i should definitely lose a few pounds too! Chewing is: IMPOSSIBLE!!!