1st Adjustment Update

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Sandista

1st Adjustment Update

#1 Post by Sandista »

Well, I just had my first adjustment today. My teeth are moving very well and my bite is closing up rathr nicely. I found out from the ortho today that I had a 2mm open bite at the start of my treatment and now my top front teeth are starting to overlap my bottom front teeth. :D

So guess what that means???? NO ELASTICS DURING THE DAY!!!! Only at night do I have to look like a vampire! :twisted:

I also got a thicker wire on top, the same wire was kept for my lower teeth this time around, but tie wires were added to 3 canines (both on the left & the bottom on my right) to get them to move a little more. My teeth are a bit tender, but overall not too bad - which I think I can attribute to taking Aleve before my adjustment. :thumbsup:

I chose silver ligs this time around because I really hated how badly the pearl ones stained - they looked really putrid after the were taken off. :FeelSick: The ortho didn't have smoke colored ones, so I described them to the assistant and she said she was going to look in to ordering some. The silver are pretty subtle though and now I just look like my teeth are all blinged out! :HugeGrin:

So, so far no major drama. I got a lot of kudos on my healthy teeth & gums for being a good little brusher. :-9

We will see what the next few days bring. Hope everyone out there is doing well! :banana: :-88 :banana:

Sandista

cwatt1

#2 Post by cwatt1 »

Sounds like a great adjustment, Sandi -- wonderful news about your bite's closing up a little.

And congratulations on the oral hygiene :!: Really makes you feel good, doesn't it, to get comments like your ortho gave you?

Click here to read about my progress.

Sandista

#3 Post by Sandista »

Thanks Cwatt and KK!

Unfortunately I think I spoke a little too soon. Though my bottom teeth are fine (no new wires), my top teeth ache like nothing I have felt thus far! :soremouth: I got a new archwire on top and wow - that archwire really means business! :gavel:

Thankfully, KK has great advice, so I am going crazy with thw warm saltwater rinses and am taking Aleve regularly to help with the discomfort. Brushing was a challenge this morning :-} because my teeth are so sensitive, the brush even touching them was a bit painful. But, I just took it slow and was very light with the toothbrush. I know it will get better in a few days, so I'm not at all worried - I'm just a big baby! :wink:

I am pretty excited about the progress I have made in 6 short weeks and am looking forward to what the next 6 weeks will bring me. I wish I could post pictures, but my digital camera is in need of repair (it died during my graduation ceremony in June - GRRR)!

Anyway - have a good day!

Sandista