Erin from Philadelphia, PA

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Erin

Erin from Philadelphia, PA

#1 Post by Erin »

Hi everyone!

I had a couple posts on the other board, but figured I'd reintroduce myself. I'm 22 years old..just graduated from college.
I got ceramic (top and bottom) braces 4 months ago. I had crowding on the bottom, and some twisted teeth in the back on top that were starting to push the rest out of place. Still, everyone was like..."You got braces?? Why?? Your teeth were fine!" Argh...those comments didn't help cause I absolutely hated them when I first got them.. I couldn't eat normally for about 4 weeks, and at first I felt really awkward, but things are looking up. I've gotten used to them.
Looking forward to posting here!

Kristine

#2 Post by Kristine »

"You got braces?? Why?? Your teeth were fine!"
I've already gotten this from my mother. :roll: From a co-worker, too. Just because my teeth aren't glaringly crooked doesn't mean they're comfortable in my mouth.

Good luck!

Helen

#3 Post by Helen »

Kristine wrote:
"You got braces?? Why?? Your teeth were fine!"
I've already gotten this from my mother. :roll: From a co-worker, too. Just because my teeth aren't glaringly crooked doesn't mean they're comfortable in my mouth.

Same here! Fortunately my parents and friends are very supportive about me getting braces. But some of my fellow students of all people don't understand me. They consider me crazy and can not understand why on earth I don't want to solve my bite problems with grinding my teeth down and give them the right shape with crowns. :roll:
Oh dear, due to our education system at university the minds of most dental students are occupied with prosthetics. :cry:

Hang in there, Erin. You will be fine with your decision in the end.

Helen

Chris

#4 Post by Chris »

What a cute avatar, Kristine...is that your baby's pacifer??? :lol:
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Kristine

#5 Post by Kristine »

Thanks. :D No, that's from a group of pictures that were circulated on the 'net. There's a company making crazy pacifiers with funny mouths on them. I 'photoshopped' braces onto that picture. ;)

Here's the image I 'stole': http://www.funnypictures2.com/albums/Ki ... ifier.jpeg

Dodger(UK)

#6 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Some very funny pictures there :lol:

Even though I'm not American, I particularly liked the Bill Clinton section. :wink: