20/F/College Student..I want my braces ASAP!!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SideKick3QT

20/F/College Student..I want my braces ASAP!!

#1 Post by SideKick3QT »

Hi everybody! Ive been on this site for a while, well reading everything at least. I keep delaying getting my braces but now is the time! When I last went to see the Ortho, he checked my teeth, said these HUGE words about my teeth Ive never heard before lol. But I have to get 2 uppers and 2 bottoms taken out due to crowding I've had all my life. That part..im not sure if im nervous about that or not. I think my wisdom teeth are coming in, but im sure they'll tell me when I make my next appt. to get my xrays. (That part I AM scared of). Hopefully I can get my braces by September. *Heres wishing*! :lol: [/b]

SideKick3QT

#2 Post by SideKick3QT »

well this is the only ortho ive ever been to. I was referred to him by my dentist and I also know a few people who have gotten treated by him (their teeth are like movie stars now!!). This might have been the 2nd time ive been to him since I was 16 and he said the same 4 needed to be taken out (if you saw the crowding on my bottoms you would understand why) but I trust him.

LaaLaa

#3 Post by LaaLaa »

Hey SideKick3QT, great thing that you've found this site, you are literally able to find almost all ikinds of nfo about orthodontic treatments from real live patients as well as some doctors! I sure am glad I did, since everyone's been so nice and helpful. :D

I too am a college student and have just started my treatment in April. Overall, it took about 3-4 months to get both my arches banded from the time I decided to get treatment since there were several procedures I had to go through prior to that. These included: checkup, pano x-ray, deep cleaning, and later extractions at my dentist's office and more x-rays, molds, photographs, and the consultations at my ortho's office. Like you, I was advised to get four teeth extracted by my ortho. My dentist also recommended having teeth extracted over the years so I knew it was inevitable in my case. The extraction process and the time afterwards were not fun, I'm not going to lie. Now, I'm just waiting for those gaps to completely fill out. :)

I was lucky enough to find a great doctor on my first try so I figured I didn’t need to shop around. I think trust is a key factor in deciding your doctor and for me personally, I really love everything about her practice and am confident she will do a great job on my teeth (besides, you really can't beat my doctor's credentials, it really blew my mind :shock: ) but if you are unsure about your doctor for any reason or are feeling uncomfortable with his/her practice, you should definitely shop around as KK advised. I couldn't imagine going to an office for two or more years where you don't feel comfortable with something or someone. With that said, good luck!! :wink:

jamie315

Hey there

#4 Post by jamie315 »

Hey sidekick, welcome to the board, Im so glad to more people in their 20's jumping aboard. I hope things go smoothly, same with Laalaa, it a few months with you initial consult, molds and impressions, but it'll go so fast, and before you know they are on with moving. Like you I only went to 1 ortho myself, but I have seen his work(amazing may I add), and his crendentials were great, so as long as your comfortable with your ortho, thats all that matters, like kren said, if you are uneasy at all, def get second. So I just want to wish you goodluck on beginning your journey, I cant wait to follow your story. :D

jennandtonic

#5 Post by jennandtonic »

Wow sidekick, I can definitely relate! I was 19 and in my second year in college when I started thinking about braces. I also had two upper and two lower teeth extracted, but I also had to have my wisdom teeth taken out.

All in all, my first consult with my ortho was in October of 2005, teeth taken out in December of 2005, then spacers in January 2006, braced in February 2006. So it certainly sounds like you will be braced by October. Have patience (believe me, you'll need it!), and good luck starting your braces journey!