The 3 week wait !!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

AHopewell

Re: The 3 week wait !!

#31 Post by AHopewell »

Finally have some time to touch base! Well I'm outfitted! I still have upper spacers since I get a Nance appliance next week, but at least I don't feel like I'm chewing on them anymore. I was in and done in an hour and a half. The process wasn't too bad, but I sure don't see how kids sit there that long. I have clear on top with teflon ties and metal on bottom. At first I was regretting not also going clear on bottom, but my husband says you can't really see the bottom when I speak. Going to be a learning experience!

Amy H.

Pacha05

#32 Post by Pacha05 »

PaisleyGrrl81 wrote:I am SOOOOOOOO nervous! I don't think I slept a wink last night, and I keep getting butterflies in my stomach! My last pre-braces meal is Lucky Charms. Speaking of which... what are the rules against cereal after braces? Obviously Captain Crunch is not an option... 8)

Ok guys & gals, I'm on my way out. Wish me luck!!!!!!!! :crazy:
Hi PaisleyGrrl81.

Just read your posts, congratulations getting your braces. What did you decide on and how did you get on today? All the best on your journey.

oh i found I had to let my cornflakes go soggy but when i first got my braces my teeth were still too sore to eat soggy cereal so I would have porride.

Link to my blog http://pachabrace.blogspot.com

Estimated sentence 24 months

PaisleyGrrl81

#33 Post by PaisleyGrrl81 »

Well, the deed is done! I am officially a metal mouth! :dance: Here's a pic, let me know whatcha think! :BigGrin:

Also, does anyone know how to get those colored marks off the brackets? They said brushing will do the trick, but seems like it would take a few rounds and I'm ready to have them off now...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ortho Consult: 08/05/13
Braces On: 08/28/13
Sentence: 18 months
My story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =3&t=45283

mapleleafman888

#34 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Hey congrats! Looking good, how do you feel pain wise?
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

chichi

#35 Post by chichi »

PaisleyGrrl81 wrote:Well, the deed is done! I am officially a metal mouth! :dance: Here's a pic, let me know whatcha think! :BigGrin:

Also, does anyone know how to get those colored marks off the brackets? They said brushing will do the trick, but seems like it would take a few rounds and I'm ready to have them off now...
Congrats! They look great!!

The colors do eventually come off with brushing, but I'll admit I did scrape a few off with my fingernails because they are quite ugly.
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

anedia

#36 Post by anedia »

They look good!! Keep us updated on how you're doing, I'll be in your shoes in exactly a week
First Consultation: July 16th, 2013
Second Consultation: August 21st, 2013
Extractions (Wisdom + baby tooth): August 22nd, 2013
Brace Date: September 4th, 2013
First Adjustment: October 18th, 2013.

PaisleyGrrl81

#37 Post by PaisleyGrrl81 »

mapleleafman888 wrote:Hey congrats! Looking good, how do you feel pain wise?

Random teeth are sore for a time, and then the soreness moves on to other teeth. I have been on Advil all day, to try and stave it off. Doesn't feel like my mouth anymore, which is weird. I do hope that feeling doesn't last for the duration of these things.. lol.

On the food front, I had a fruit smoothie and soup for lunch, which seems like about all I can tolerate for now as far as chewing. One day down, 539 to go. Wowza! :crazy:

kids041

#38 Post by kids041 »

Yah! you look great :) You get to be in the Club now....Oh the fun we will have for the foreseeable future... :roll:

PaisleyGrrl81

#39 Post by PaisleyGrrl81 »

Day 2 is not so awesome. Woke up this morning with a fair amount of pain, especially in my front teeth. :soremouth: I think I'll stick to ice cold water and soups or mushy foods today. So the fun begins...!

kids041

#40 Post by kids041 »

PaisleyGrrl81 wrote:Day 2 is not so awesome. Woke up this morning with a fair amount of pain, especially in my front teeth. :soremouth: I think I'll stick to ice cold water and soups or mushy foods today. So the fun begins...!
Don't forget the pain reliever...

PaisleyGrrl81

#41 Post by PaisleyGrrl81 »

So I'm midway into day 3, and the pain is definitely not as bad as yesterday. It took everything in me yesterday not to call and get an appointment to have them removed! :-+ Okay, okay, that may be an exaggeration (or maybe not... :wink: ) but the point is, I made it through. Today there is much pressure, a few wiggly/clicky teeth, and a few painful teeth. But at least the whole grill doesn't hurt.

I'm already considering what to choose as my lig color for my 1st adjustment. I would like to go with a purple, so if anyone has any recommendations on light vs dark, what stains vs what retains it's color, etc. I would love to hear it!

And all my other August peeps, where you at?! How are you feeling as the month winds down...????

mapleleafman888

#42 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Hey glad to hear you survived, what have you been eating? Do you find it hard to talk?

Sorry can't help with the ligs!

Braces for me are coming in less than 10 days, excited but also going 'oh crap', for the pain, and 'oh crap' for the feeling that I'll be stuck for 1.5 years.......... :shock:
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

PaisleyGrrl81

#43 Post by PaisleyGrrl81 »

mapleleafman888 wrote:Hey glad to hear you survived, what have you been eating? Do you find it hard to talk?

Sorry can't help with the ligs!

Braces for me are coming in less than 10 days, excited but also going 'oh crap', for the pain, and 'oh crap' for the feeling that I'll be stuck for 1.5 years.......... :shock:
It's not terribly hard to talk, but then again I've been home alone since Wednesday so I'm not doing a lot of talking during the day, lol. I don't have a lisp, it's just difficult to figure out what to do with my lips around the brackets. Nothing feels natural -- and I feel like I must look like one of those Japanese films where the mouth doesn't line up with the audio. :crazy:

As for food, yesterday I had mashed potatoes with bacon pieces and shredded cheese for lunch, and refried pinto beans for dinner, followed by a scoop and a half of ice cream for dessert later in the evening (this was pure heaven on my sore gums). Today I had mac & cheese for lunch, followed by chocolate pudding for lunch dessert. Not sure what dinner will be, but I'm definitely not ready to chew anything.

kids041

#44 Post by kids041 »

Glad to hear that your doing well! :) the first week seems to be the toughest... and then of course there are those days where it drives you nuts all day... but those are way less then the good days, thank goodness :soremouth:

oldguy

#45 Post by oldguy »

The discomfort I had at first was the teeth that were the most
out of line or rotated. Once the wire starts to move them you
will feel much better about chewing. I was surprised that once
I started biting down on them, most of the pain was gone. My
ortho gave me a bite wafer...like a baby chewie. I'm at a year
and just had an adjustment (bigger wire) they were only sore
for a day. It will get a lot better...

Oldguy