Going in for second round of braces - new here!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

brazilianguy

Going in for second round of braces - new here!

#1 Post by brazilianguy »

Hello everyone.

I'm a 27M brazilian and I'm currently undergoing ortho preparation and planning for jaw surgery.

I had braces for about seven years (15 - 22) and although they left my teeth pretty straight, my bite isn't really good. Also have a history of mouth breathing and severe undiagnosed sleep apnea.

Started using a CPAP right as covid hit, so I didn't feel comfortable trying to make surgery/ortho plans until things got better a couple months ago.

Initial planning involves either MARPE/SARPE and braces for 10-12m, maxilla advancement surgery and then braces for another 6-10 months for refinement.

Love the community you're building here and will definitely keep you guys posted on my process.

Dunnyet

Re: Going in for second round of braces - new here!

#2 Post by Dunnyet »

Hello, welcome to the club! I didn’t realize you are a new member when I responded to your post, my apologies. Now that I’ve read your post my question regarding your orthodontic treatment is answered. Gosh, jaw surgery sounds painful!!! I hope it’s not too bad for you and wish you all the best in your orthodontic journey. I look forward to more of your posts! - Cheers!

someguy98

Re: Going in for second round of braces - new here!

#3 Post by someguy98 »

Congrats! I also got braces for the second time this year. I hope you're doing well with your braces!