Introduction

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Badbiteguy

Introduction

#1 Post by Badbiteguy »

Hi Everyone
Just introducing myself, I’m 48 years old and about to start braces treatment in two weeks time. They are the Insignia brand metal brackets with ceramic upper front six brackets. I’m getting spacers put in next week for molar bands apparently and then I get fitted with the braces the following week.

My main reasons for seeking treatment are my terrible bite which has slowly gotten worse over the past ten years and drives me crazy plus just general straightening of moderately crowded teeth.

Seeking this treatment so late in life is a bit daunting to say the least, but i’ve already learnt a lot off this website and everyone in the forum and look forward to sharing “my journey” over the next year or so.
:BigTeethGrin:

mattt

Re: Introduction

#2 Post by mattt »

Welcome on board!
What kind of bite problems are you having?

Badbiteguy

#3 Post by Badbiteguy »

Hi Mattt

My rear teeth don’t meet together plus I’ve been told my teeth are class III on one side but class I on the other. It’s weird but the class I side is the one which feels correct. I’m not sure what the proposal is to fix this if at all. I have the spacers appointment tomorrow so I guess I’ll find out then.

Has anybody else on here had molar bands with Damon/Insignia braces? I’ve been online and can’t see any examples of it, only with traditional braces.

Badbiteguy

#4 Post by Badbiteguy »

Hi again

Sorry I meant to say my teeth are class I on one side and class II on the other. The class II is the side which feels fine though :)

BrianMichigan

#5 Post by BrianMichigan »

51 y.o. here.
Never too old. People say I look younger with braces.

BracedRico

#6 Post by BracedRico »

Ever too old, I am 41 here. Nice to meet you. Good luck with your treatment.

Karlito

#7 Post by Karlito »

57 year here. Second go around for me. First time 10 years ago. Welcome.

Badbiteguy

#8 Post by Badbiteguy »

Thanks guys 😊

Danielle

#9 Post by Danielle »

Two years later, I’m guessing you’re already outta braces. How did it go?
Metal Braces: August 18, 2006-January 14, 2009
Essix-type Retainers: January 14, 2009--present

ooto

#10 Post by ooto »

Would love an update.