"What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been" - Robert Hunter, Grateful Dead

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

djspeece

Re: "What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been" - Robert Hunter, Grateful Dead

#181 Post by djspeece »

SinkFullOfDinner wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:49 am
At my recent appointment, the final score was 0-0. I didn't venture to ask about how we were doing, and my ortho volunteered nothing. It felt like being in a grade school staring contest. Somehow, the tie felt liked I'd lost.
Oh, no news is good news. That's how my appointments went as well. I even got a little more morbid than usual, thinking "So if I die before these things come off, will the funeral director have to remove them, or call in the ortho, or do they just keep my mouth shut?" I imagined that in a thousand years my fancy-dancy tintanium nickle braces will be sitting there, shining in the dust that was once Dan.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

SinkFullOfDinner

When you cut it's head off, two grow back...

#182 Post by SinkFullOfDinner »

It’s been a few months….

So, the elastics have been doing a pretty good job! The primary downside is the period of time when things move in just the right (wrong?) way and you wind up with only one point of contact for awhile. It makes molar buildups and their resulting two points of contact seem luxurious. The upside is that you have lots of extra time to think while you are one-point-of-contacting your way through your meal. Pasta, for example, brings back images from Greek mythology. I feel like I’m battling the Hydra whenever I have fettuccine, spaghetti, or bucatini. When I finally get a strand lined up with that one point of contact and pounce, all I’ve accomplished is creating two strands of pasta that are still too long. Then repeat. And repeat...

Carno

Re: "What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been" - Robert Hunter, Grateful Dead

#183 Post by Carno »

Hah, I know exactly what you mean. Any improvements?