Give me Opinions!!!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Post Reply
Message
Author
Steph30
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:39 pm

Give me Opinions!!!

#1 Post by Steph30 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:42 pm

I need someone to tell me.. what I should tell my Ortho about how to make my upper right tooth more aligned. She seems to think its fine and booked me for retainer impressions on Feb 6 - But... im a perfectionist and something seems off.. we've been fiddling with this one tooth for a while now and it doesn't seem to be moving.. Do you have any suggestions? bracket reposition?? Am I being too picky??

Left is October and Right is today (jan)
tt1.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kplatt2010
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:26 am

Re: Give me Opinions!!!

#2 Post by kplatt2010 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:22 pm

Hi There- I'm not sure if you are biting down correctly for the picture but your bite appears off. I'm not an orthodontist but I think you need to go into class II elastics to pull back the upper and pull forward lower. Teeth # 6 and 7 top right look off-set slightly in first close up image of your teeth. I think when I had that going on the ortho made some bends in the wire and just kept tweaking. Some of the others may be able to chime in. I've copied a screen shot of what a "perfect bite" looks like and then two close ups of your teeth. Not mine LOL!! Far from it. Notice how each of the top teeth fit evenly between bottom teeth??

Out of curiosity how is chewing food? If it's off; that's the avenue you want to explore with your ortho. Tell him / her you would prefer not to eat your cheek.
Karla
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jethro
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:22 am
Location: Earth

Re: Give me Opinions!!!

#3 Post by Jethro » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:58 pm

In pic 5, it appears that you have a larger than normal overjet (if this is your normal bite). Was this something your ortho discussed? In pic 6, the outer edge of your top right central incisor doesn't look level with the adjacent lateral. I'm only mentioning these issues becaused you asked for opinions as I think your teeth look great. I'm (hopefully) in the final months of treatment and am dealing with some similar issues. Hope this helps.

All the Best,

Jethro

Steph30
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:39 pm

Re: Give me Opinions!!!

#4 Post by Steph30 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:18 pm

Jethro wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:58 pm
In pic 5, it appears that you have a larger than normal overjet (if this is your normal bite). Was this something your ortho discussed? In pic 6, the outer edge of your top right central incisor doesn't look level with the adjacent lateral. I'm only mentioning these issues becaused you asked for opinions as I think your teeth look great. I'm (hopefully) in the final months of treatment and am dealing with some similar issues. Hope this helps.

All the Best,

Jethro
Hi, thanks for the reply!.. yes that is the area i'm concerned about - the central incisor/lateral not matching .. I feel like the bracket on the central needs to be repositioned... When I feel my arch with my tongue something just feels off.. but the ortho seems to think its okay and I shouldn't be worried about it.

As for the overjet.. yes my bite is not right.. the ortho and I have kind of decided were not going to mess with elastics too much more because it was complicating things with my TMJ.

Steph30
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:39 pm

Re: Give me Opinions!!!

#5 Post by Steph30 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:30 pm

kplatt2010 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:22 pm
Hi There- I'm not sure if you are biting down correctly for the picture but your bite appears off. I'm not an orthodontist but I think you need to go into class II elastics to pull back the upper and pull forward lower. Teeth # 6 and 7 top right look off-set slightly in first close up image of your teeth. I think when I had that going on the ortho made some bends in the wire and just kept tweaking. Some of the others may be able to chime in. I've copied a screen shot of what a "perfect bite" looks like and then two close ups of your teeth. Not mine LOL!! Far from it. Notice how each of the top teeth fit evenly between bottom teeth??

Out of curiosity how is chewing food? If it's off; that's the avenue you want to explore with your ortho. Tell him / her you would prefer not to eat your cheek.
Karla
Hi, thanks for the reply!.. my bite is definitely not ideal.. but I have pretty severe jaw problems and elastics were making this quite a bit worse.. I told my ortho if my bite was within normal limits and wont cause me to have long term problems i'd rather just let it be.. and she was okay with that.

But now that you mention eating... I have been biting my cheeks quite hard on occasion! hahha!

kplatt2010
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:26 am

Re: Give me Opinions!!!

#6 Post by kplatt2010 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:18 pm

I'm with you with the elastics. I'm supposed to be wearing the box config. elastics for this go around. However; in the past, the unintended result has been to make the bottom molars tip in. Keeping this in mind; I'm trying to take 1 to 2 hour breaks every few hours. This is not my first go around "in the box" and I could feel when it was happening this time. My mitigating strategy besides breaks is jaw stretching.

I would've nixed the elastics this go around too but I've been wearing class II for a couple of months. Although the class II appropriately resulted in the bottom teeth moving out a little and top in a little; it also made my teeth not close naturally. It was like I had jaw drop. I started waking up with dry mouth and pillow drool because I was sleeping with my mouth open. :lol:

I think in your case; as long as you can eat and not have issues. I know when my teeth were hitting each other it was like someone had struck a nerve. Thank goodness my ortho was able to fix that issue.

Personally I'm forecasting for myself that I'm going to get these bad boys off in March; for realizie this time! This would mean a total of 3 years of braces and 1 1/2 years since the double jaw surgery.

Karla

Steph30
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:39 pm

Re: Give me Opinions!!!

#7 Post by Steph30 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:49 pm

kplatt2010 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:18 pm
I'm with you with the elastics. I'm supposed to be wearing the box config. elastics for this go around. However; in the past, the unintended result has been to make the bottom molars tip in. Keeping this in mind; I'm trying to take 1 to 2 hour breaks every few hours. This is not my first go around "in the box" and I could feel when it was happening this time. My mitigating strategy besides breaks is jaw stretching.

I would've nixed the elastics this go around too but I've been wearing class II for a couple of months. Although the class II appropriately resulted in the bottom teeth moving out a little and top in a little; it also made my teeth not close naturally. It was like I had jaw drop. I started waking up with dry mouth and pillow drool because I was sleeping with my mouth open. :lol:

I think in your case; as long as you can eat and not have issues. I know when my teeth were hitting each other it was like someone had struck a nerve. Thank goodness my ortho was able to fix that issue.

Personally I'm forecasting for myself that I'm going to get these bad boys off in March; for realizie this time! This would mean a total of 3 years of braces and 1 1/2 years since the double jaw surgery.

Karla

Yikes!! it sounds like you've had quite the experience in braces. lol - It truly is so hard to put complete trust in someone reconfiguring your entire mouth! (at least for me!!) Hoping to have my braces removed in March too :jump:

Post Reply