Hi from Australia

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Chaotic Choppers

Hi from Australia

#1 Post by Chaotic Choppers »

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello! 8)

I will be getting my braces in July so not long to go now! I'm quite excited as I've always wanted/needed braces and am finally able to get them!! I'm looking forward to meeting lots of braces buddies at ArchWired during the next couple of years and hope to be sharing the pain and drama with you all soon!!

:heart:
CC

Huggypillow

Re: Hi from Australia

#2 Post by Huggypillow »

Hi nice to meet you, qld here what state are you in. Good luck for your july appointment look forward to following your progress.

Bottoms up to shiny choppers.

Chaotic Choppers

#3 Post by Chaotic Choppers »

Hey Huggy :)

Nice to meet you too! I'm in NSW! I would certainly love to be getting some QLD sun right about now because its freezing cold here at the moment!

I'm going for full stainless steel braces so I definitely will have shiny choppers soon! LOL!

Cheers!!
CC

Huggypillow

#4 Post by Huggypillow »

Im in brissie, "sending sunshine your way" ive got friends and family from tweed to lismore to byron to maitland. Im in full metal jacket as well im hoping to be done soon my ortho said bout christmas time. Cant freakin wait.

I get really excited when i see other aussies on here really nice to meet you.

Chaotic Choppers

#5 Post by Chaotic Choppers »

Thanks for the sunshine! With all the colds and flu going around at the moment I need all the help I can get!

Wow December is getting very close! How exciting for you!! Are your teeth pretty much straight now? Soon you'll be free of the chains and leaving me to carry the 'braces torch'!

Happy to meet you too! I was hoping to meet some Aussies but didn't expect it that quickly! :)

Have a great week!

Huggypillow

#6 Post by Huggypillow »

Hey choppers,

Yay for me for December my fingers are crossed and im hoping, but... And theres always a but...... It might be as late as feb 2013. Well straight across the bottom front he is working on turning my front tooth back around. All the gaps that i can see on the top are closed with the exception of one one the top. Still waiting for the gap from the molar to close on the bottom one side done. But... Theres that butt again i had an x-ray and the root is at like 45 deg angle and we are waiting aparantly for that to move down before the molar can be moved forward. Few other little things to be done which take time but im hoping for the best. Are you excited about your journey????

Chaotic Choppers

#7 Post by Chaotic Choppers »

Well I hope December is the month for you :) And if not, the craziness of a new year will probably make February come around pretty quickly! 45 degree angle on the nerve...does that cause any pain? So are the gaps from extractions? Or did you have gaps to start with?

I'm going to have 4 teeth taken out eventually :GapToothed: (after the braces go on at some point) so I'm not excited about that part! But I'm VERY excited to start my journey! :D I'm finding myself getting more and more impatient (just slap them on already!!!) but I know that once they're on I'll be wanting them off again :) I'm really looking forward to my mouth being able to shut properly and my lips to seal comfortably. It's funny, I didn't realise until I saw my Ortho that the problems I'd been having could be fixed with braces. I was just looking to correct the crowding but it seems that braces are going to help me in more ways than one :)

The only drawback is that I might end up with a 'black triangle of death' (well that's what he made it sound like) between my front two teeth where the gum won't grow down far enough and leaves a little black triangle gap. I think I can handle that more than crooked front teeth! But when he was telling me, he made it sound bad and drew a diagram with a HUGE black triangle that made me want to cry! lol!

Does your ortho try to scare you??

Greenman

#8 Post by Greenman »

Hi. I'm in Brisbane!
Paul
My Blog: The Invisalign Challenge http://theinvisalignchallenge.blogspot.com.au
Can Invisalign fix gap, buck, crooked, twisted, crowned teeth?

U - 8/36
L - 8/36

Chaotic Choppers

#9 Post by Chaotic Choppers »

Hi Greenman! How's the invisalign treating you?
Braced upper and lower: 18 July 2012
U4's & L5's Extracted: 22 and 29 October 2012
Elastics Started: 30 October 2012

30 y/o female - See my story here: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42420

Huggypillow

#10 Post by Huggypillow »

Hey choppers and greenman,

Choppers, hows your braces going hope your settling in with them a bit better, im still trying to get use to these heavy elastics on both sides of my mouth now, have you been eating better?
Do you have to chose colours each visit ive now found my few fav colours which i seem to constantly rotate through. And sorry i didnt get back to you on the board ive been super super busy.

Hey greenman im in brissie tooo, are you on Invisalign? I wanted the aligners but not able with my case, oh and welcome to the board.

Greenman

#11 Post by Greenman »

Huggypillow wrote:
Hey greenman im in brissie tooo, are you on Invisalign?
Yes. I get my first tray on Tuesday. Go the maroons! ;-)
Paul
My Blog: The Invisalign Challenge http://theinvisalignchallenge.blogspot.com.au
Can Invisalign fix gap, buck, crooked, twisted, crowned teeth?

U - 8/36
L - 8/36

Chaotic Choppers

#12 Post by Chaotic Choppers »

Hey Huggy!

Braces are still not on yet... 5 days to go and I'm about to explode from waiting so long!

So what colours do you alternate between? I'm starting silver first but will possibly go for purple next time... Or light blue? You'll have to tell me which colours to avoid :) Did you have maroon for state of origin?

Hi Green,

Hope your first aligner goes well!! Let us know how you go :)

Have an awesome day! Weather here is going to reach 22 today!! Hooray for some warmth!

CC

30 y/o female - See my story here: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42420

Huggypillow

#13 Post by Huggypillow »

Okey okey dokey,

CC, my personal choice with colours but depends on if you like colours that stand out or if you like to have subdued colour choices.

Had maroon, not a massive fan of the colour looked like id been punched in the mouth ( i didn't get for S.O.O i didn't want people to think i was some kind of sports nut) laughing at that one.

Dark green, again not going out of my way to have it again.

Teal blue, love it love it love it, it's actually a really nice colour and i've had it on more than once.

Hot pink, again love that one too it's a real girly colour especially if you love pink.

Purple, was a bit darker than i thought and it looked like a bit of a washout colour, i'm use to bolder colours.

Black, not bad looks nice on makes the metal look shiny.

Orange, not bad either lots of people said they liked it, i didn't mind it.

Dark blue, good colour i liked it but stupid me had dark blue on the bottom and maroon on the top, drove me nuts never again.

Every colour i got after that was same for top and bottom.

Im probably going to get hot pink again when i go back at my next appointment because ive been stuck with powerchains on the top and bottom 3 months into having braces, and i think colour stands out more when its on a chain rather than the individual ligitures.

I've also got wire ties around my brackets too can't wait to see the end of them either. Do i sound anxious, i'm just having a moment today.

Hope i have given you some insight into the colours, got any other questions i'm on those stupid elastics now- i mean those wonderful things that will help me get through my treatment faster ( one hopes).

Send me some of your sunshine pppllleeeaaassseee.

Chaotic Choppers

#14 Post by Chaotic Choppers »

Sending you the small snippet of warmth we got today before freezing set back in :) ~@~ (<-- closest I can get to a pic of the sun)

Wow, thanks for all the info on the colours :) I think pink and teal blue sound awesome! Hopefully I can get an idea of what colours there are next week so I can try colour at my first adjustment :)

Elastics sound bad :( sorry you're having a rough time with them! Hopefully they will come off soon! I remember my sister having elastics when I was about 5 and she had neon colours and I kept playing with/breaking them cos they looked so cool - lol. Little sisters hey...

So the anxiety doesn't lessen over time then?! At the moment I'm wondering how my ortho will do my treatment... he has to retract my teeth back so I'm thinking elastics, springy things and possibly those screws (very technical language I'm using lol) but I guess time will tell. I'm allergic to nickel too so that will probably cause dramas...

Well here's for a great weekend!! Be good in Brissy!

Chaotic Choppers

#15 Post by Chaotic Choppers »

Hey huggy!

How are those elastics treating you?? Any idea of how long you have to wear them for??

I'm fully braced up and in light purple ligs now (4 days and counting) :) Pain has finally started to subside a little which is awesome! And movement is starting to occur! My teeth are also starting to fit a little better in my mouth! lol

Hi Greenman!

How is your first aligner going???

Ciao for now!

CC