Implant for maxillary central incisor

If you are planning to get dental or facial implants as part of your orthodontic treatment (or if you already have implants) you can discuss them on this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

someguy98

Implant for maxillary central incisor

#1 Post by someguy98 »

Has anyone here had braces in order to make place for an implant (not veneers) on your upper front row?

I'm currently in braces because a few years ago, I broke out one of my maxillary central incisors on my upper jaw, so it's a pretty noticeable gap. When my treatment is finished next year, I will get an implant for that missing incisor.

If anyone here has been in a similar situation, could you share your experience and how it went?

Thanks in advance :)

Wire

Re: Implant for maxillary central incisor

#2 Post by Wire »

Hi, I cannot help with how it went but I am in a similar situation right now. I have congenitally missing both upper lateral incisors and I am currently 7 months in braces to create enough gap on both sides for 2 implants. I have been told prior to my treatment that I will most probably need bone graff too. I would also be interested to hear from anyone who is currently going through a similar situation or who has already completed a similar treatment. I wish your journey goes well!

Taylor16

Re: Implant for maxillary central incisor

#3 Post by Taylor16 »

Hello,

Yes, I had a similar situation. I wore braces because I was also missing a front tooth in my upper jaw. After my orthodontic treatment, I had an implant placed to replace the missing tooth. The process involved removing the braces, allowing time for the jawbone to heal, and then proceeding with the implant surgery. Overall, the experience was positive and I'm pleased with the final result.