Recontouring Teeth Question

If you are planning to get dental or facial implants as part of your orthodontic treatment (or if you already have implants) you can discuss them on this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Troubled

Recontouring Teeth Question

#1 Post by Troubled »

I ask here because surely people know here talking about it.

I am almost 17 years old.
Towards the end of treatment braces, The doctor advised me to do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8h1e22Euos

My lower teeth slightly vertically. (Just an aesthetic thing)
So it should straighten my teeth and bring me more beautiful teeth
The doctor said that the two will be more aesthetic

The problem I'm a person who thinks too much about nonsense.
If I do it, it change my jaw? Maxilla, or facial bones?...
I am afraid that it will distort my face, in every way

If I do it, it will change only the teeth and that's it? Or jaw/Maxilla and that will change?
Afraid to get the long face syndrome because that .. i dont know .. everything...
but if im not do it I am afraid I will later say -'' What an idiot I did not do it''..

In terms of teeth, I really want to do it, because it will improve my teeth.
I'm just afraid it change my jaws or something, without foundation, I think it's just because of all movement of teeth and all..

Can someone explain to me that it will not change anything? I have to decide this week...

Troubled

Re: Recontouring Teeth Question

#2 Post by Troubled »

pls? who know?

Daib

Re: Recontouring Teeth Question

#3 Post by Daib »

Wow, filling teeth down to make them fit is completely against nature, it will not only damage your face but also weaken the sides of the teeth and make it impossible to measure the correct width for your jaw (jaw arch measurements are from the width of the teeth). Overcrowding is caused by underdevelopment of the jaw arch (as we grow the tongue applies pressure on the inside of the teeth, allowing lengthening and widening of the jaw structure, and it can be grown to its correct size and shape at any age).