Forsus

If you are planning to get dental or facial implants as part of your orthodontic treatment (or if you already have implants) you can discuss them on this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bjohnson207

Forsus

#1 Post by bjohnson207 »

Hello

My Ortho has mentioned forsus spring appliance to shift my bite. Does anyone do have a forsus appliance and can tell me how the forsus will be in the mouth. Speaking and eating will be a problem? Are they faster than rubberbands?

Thanks!

Verena

Re: Forsus

#2 Post by Verena »

Hi,

I don't have Forsus however I know that compared to rubber band is much quicker (as you can't remove) and less noticeable. Speaking won't be a issue at all.
On the other hand you may face the problem that food could get stuck in (not nice) and it's bigger than elastics.
Do you have a class II?

LingualWearer

Re: Forsus

#3 Post by LingualWearer »

I had Forsus springs for about 1 year of my treatment. I have lingual braces on the top, so IMO they were definitely less noticeable compared to an elastic, since the forsus was anchored to the back of the top arch. Speaking was no different with them, but eating was a little trickier. A lot more food got stuck around the bracket that the forsus is attached to.