Just had my dental implant placed!

If you are planning to get dental or facial implants as part of your orthodontic treatment (or if you already have implants) you can discuss them on this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

suzanna

Just had my dental implant placed!

#1 Post by suzanna »

I just had a dental implant placed at tooth 36 early this morning. I took a nap after I got home and was still pretty numb, but it's all worn off now and I can honestly say I don't have any pain at all. There's a small amount of burning I feel at the incision at times and its sore if I try to open my mouth wide (because it's pulling the incision) so I just avoid doing that. Hopefully the healing part goes smoothly and it'll be ready for my crown in 8 weeks! Then my braces come off!! Yay!!!
Upper and Lower Braces Applied: December 4th, 2009
Lefort 1 and BSSO Surgery: February 11th, 2011

BBQ Grill

Re: Just had my dental implant placed!

#2 Post by BBQ Grill »

So u get implants while Ur braces is still on? Cuz my ortho told me I might need one implant but I don't know if its during or after braces

anxiousgirl

#3 Post by anxiousgirl »

ooh congrats! if you dont mind me asking, was it expensive? you dont have to answer if you dont want to.
i am lookint at getting 2 dental implants after my braces and was told they are like $5,000-$10,000 EACH! i can keep dreaming...

braces on: 21/02/2011
lower braces off: 20/03/2013
upper braces off: 04/04/2013

suzanna

#4 Post by suzanna »

BBQ Grill wrote:So u get implants while Ur braces is still on? Cuz my ortho told me I might need one implant but I don't know if its during or after braces
Yup and the plan is to take the mold for the crown as soon as my braces come off (in a month and a half or so). It takes about a week-a week and a half for the lab to build the crown.

suzanna

#5 Post by suzanna »

anxiousgirl wrote:ooh congrats! if you dont mind me asking, was it expensive? you dont have to answer if you dont want to.
i am lookint at getting 2 dental implants after my braces and was told they are like $5,000-$10,000 EACH! i can keep dreaming...
The surgery for the implant was $2300. I also had to have a bone graft to build up the bone, that was done during my jaw surgery and I think cost an extra $500. The crown and lab fees I believe are around $1000. It's pretty costly but it'll be worth it in the end.

anxiousgirl

#6 Post by anxiousgirl »

suzanna wrote:
anxiousgirl wrote:ooh congrats! if you dont mind me asking, was it expensive? you dont have to answer if you dont want to.
The surgery for the implant was $2300. I also had to have a bone graft to build up the bone, that was done during my jaw surgery and I think cost an extra $500. The crown and lab fees I believe are around $1000. It's pretty costly but it'll be worth it in the end.
Thankyou for replying to my question!
It will definetly be worth the money!!

braces on: 21/02/2011
lower braces off: 20/03/2013
upper braces off: 04/04/2013

Nasser

#7 Post by Nasser »

[quote="suzanna"][quote="anxiousgirl"]ooh congrats! if you dont mind me asking, was it expensive? you dont have to answer if you dont want to.
i am lookint at getting 2 dental implants after my braces and was told they are like $5,000-$10,000 EACH! i can keep dreaming...[/quote]

The surgery for the implant was $2300. I also had to have a bone graft to build up the bone, that was done during my jaw surgery and I think cost an extra $500. The crown and lab fees I believe are around $1000. It's pretty costly but it'll be worth it in the end.[/quote]

Hi,

Do you mean before having an implant I will need to bone graft ? and then implant the tooth after that they will put the crown on the teeth ? Does work this way of I am wrong ?