GAP - Between Crown and Gumline

If you are planning to get dental or facial implants as part of your orthodontic treatment (or if you already have implants) you can discuss them on this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

RMF7825

GAP - Between Crown and Gumline

#1 Post by RMF7825 »

I recently had crown placed on implant. The crown sits on top of the post/abuttment and there is a gap between it and my gumline. I am getting food stuck in there. I've spoken with the dentist who said he would "make it right". Has anyone had a similar experience?

RMF7825

Re: GAP - Between Crown and Gumline

#2 Post by RMF7825 »

Going to see dentist about getting this crown changed. Can't take the food getting caught in there.

Jensniffer

#3 Post by Jensniffer »

wow all these things I never thought of either, I just recently had 2 crowns put on my back molars...I will have to keep an eye on mine too, thanks for the tip!!

RMF7825

#4 Post by RMF7825 »

Getting a new crown on tomorrow. Hope this works out better. That gap with the food getting caught in between was no fun!

RMF7825

#5 Post by RMF7825 »

Had the replacement crown put on with "temporary" cement. Tried it for a couple of days, and it was better. Less food getting stuck. But when I went to have the temporary cement changed to permanant cemenet, the dentist could not remove the crown! He was afraid to break it so he left it as is. I almost started laughing, what else can happen??!!

jenchien

#6 Post by jenchien »

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I was a senior in high school when that happened, and it led to really really painful gums, to anyone going through this I highly recommend you get this checked. Waiting till it gets better wont do you justice.

RMF7825

#7 Post by RMF7825 »

Just wanted to give an update on this. I still have the crown attached with the "temporary" cement and it has not moved. The dentist grinded down some of crown and the inside part and the food is not getting caught in the space so much. I had a cleaning recently and there did not appear to be an issue.

dollface4248

#8 Post by dollface4248 »

oh wow! sorry to hear about ur problem!
so i take it u guys are gonna leave the crown with temp cement on?