Dental Implants

If you are planning to get dental or facial implants as part of your orthodontic treatment (or if you already have implants) you can discuss them on this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

CheckOutGirl

Re: Dental Implants

#16 Post by CheckOutGirl »

I haven't been on this in a while, I was surprised to see replies to the post I made so long ago! Thanks Dr Ted for that interesting reply, I enjoyed looking at the pictures of each step of the procedure.
My case actually turned out a lot differently to how I anticipated. After much orthodontic treatment (about 5 yrs), my dentist said that the roots of my 2 lateral incisors had been damaged, they were very short and the teeth were unstable so he had to extract them.
He decided to place 2 implants with a 4 tooth bridge. I underwent the implant surgery in August 2010, in the meantime I was fitted with a denture. Just a few days ago, I was fitted with the final 4 tooth bridge. Delighted with the result.. I feel like I have natural teeth again and it's been so long!
The road to getting here has been a very difficult one and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone but if you are missing teeth and can afford the surgery, I think dental implants are the best option. :D
Began orthodontics: before i was born ;)
Hopefully debraced: October 2009 (very optimistic)

silverray2030

#17 Post by silverray2030 »

hy thanks....its really helpful discussion :D :D :D

Minerva

#18 Post by Minerva »

I got two molar implants two years ago. The surgery lasted around 25 minutes,

and once the local anesthesia was gone, I felt zero pain.

caldwell12

#19 Post by caldwell12 »

Implants are a permanent solution and are as strong as a natural tooth. You can’t get much better than that.

angiemay3r

#20 Post by angiemay3r »

I've been through the process and I have first hand knowledge on the procedures, the timetable, and the costs.If you are considering dental implants, you need to talk to your regular dentist.

mini

#21 Post by mini »

[quote="caldwell12"]Implants are a permanent solution and are as strong as a natural tooth. You can’t get much better than that.[/quote]
Dental implant are stronger then natural tooth???

jacky123paul

#22 Post by jacky123paul »

With Cosmetic Dentistry I could get rid of my teeth related problems. I live in Barnegat, NJ and there dentists practicing Cosmetic Dentistry, Barnegat, NJ are just too good. Cosmetic Dentistry, Barnegat, NJ?