Tooth implants before or after jaw surgery & few questio

If you are planning to get dental or facial implants as part of your orthodontic treatment (or if you already have implants) you can discuss them on this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Heather

Tooth implants before or after jaw surgery & few questio

#1 Post by Heather »

Hiya everyone,

I just wondered if anybody knew that if you were to have teeth implants, would they need to be done before of after jaw surgery?

I was also wondering if anyone had any experience of having braces fitted on heavy tooth restorations, ie, large fillings, crowns etc. Can you still have braces with most teeth like that?

It would help me tremendously to have any type of feedback.

Thankyou in advance for your replies. :)

at long last

#2 Post by at long last »

Heather,

I had an implant installed in my upper jaw, but no tooth, before braces and surgery. After I get my braces off, I will get the replacement tooth. I don't think that it is normal, but your orthodontist and surgeon can let you know what the best why to approach your case will be.

PJ

#3 Post by PJ »

I have crowns--2 on my top front teeth. You can definitely get braces with crowns, however, the glue they use doesn't stick as well, and you may find they come loose--mine have a couple of times over the last 18 months. It sin't a big deal--but it's kind of a pain.

Heather

#4 Post by Heather »

Thanks so much for your replies pj and at long last. :)

I don't know what i'd do without this forum lol.