question...implants

If you are planning to get dental or facial implants as part of your orthodontic treatment (or if you already have implants) you can discuss them on this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LN

question...implants

#1 Post by LN »

Hi all....I have a question to ask my ortho tomorrow when I go for an adjustment, but before I do, would like to know your opinion as well.

About two years ago I had my upper right last molar, (wisdom teeth were removed years ago), extracted because of bone loss, etc. I wasn't considering having an implant, but I realize now it is hard to chew on that side because of the missing tooth. I have decided when my braces are removed, about one in a half years from now, I will get an implant. Here's my question: will the implant have an impact on my newly aligned, straight teeth? My dentist says it will not be affected. Any comments? Thank you all...LN

iBorg

#2 Post by iBorg »

I would also suggest talking to an oral surgeon to be sure your ortho leaves enough space for an implant. Depending on the tooth's function the implant may need to be larger than at first you'd assume.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.