tooth implants

If you are planning to get dental or facial implants as part of your orthodontic treatment (or if you already have implants) you can discuss them on this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mygrill

tooth implants

#1 Post by mygrill »

When I get my braces off I have to get 2-3 tooth implants on my lowers. I am apprehensive about this because it is an actual surgery with a surgical team e.g. surgeon, anesthesiologist and I have heard this is really really costly. I am really most concerned about the price.

Thoughts anyone?

catfish

#2 Post by catfish »

I will need to get an implant when my braces are done to replace a missing molar. I don't remember what it's going to cost, but I do remember it will be SPENDY. I'm more concerned about the procedure though. It's scary to think about having something stuck in my jaw bone! I'm especially wary because of my periodontal disease. I feel like my jawbone is not reliable.

I expressed some angst about this in a previous post, and Luella was very helpful. You might want to visit that conversation. Here's the link:
viewtopic.php?t=25939&highlight=perio+implant
Click on WWW to see my braces story.

August 16, 2007 - Braced on top
January 3, 2008 - Braced on bottom

brianna37

Re: tooth implants

#3 Post by brianna37 »

[quote="mygrill"]When I get my braces off I have to get 2-3 tooth implants on my lowers. I am apprehensive about this because it is an actual surgery with a surgical team e.g. surgeon, anesthesiologist and I have heard this is really really costly. I am really most concerned about the price.

Thoughts anyone?[/quote]

--

Yes !!...cost is a factor definitely !! But teeth are more expensive.......... i guess. With such a condition i think that you must go for the surgery without concerning about the cost. Yes, the cost varies a bit, different charges for different places. But i think it won't make a huge difference in the basic cost !

Huggypillow

#4 Post by Huggypillow »

hello,

i was also given this option for 2 missing pre-molars, cost factor and all the other factors rejection, healing, plus others. then my ortho said he does tad's. google "temporary anchorage device". dentists had never mentioned it to me they just wanted the big sherbang. my ortho/ortho's incorperate it into the braces treatment. i was left with 9mm gaps on either side of my bottom jaw. i was only given options for bridges or implants. after consulting with the ortho he said i was a perfect canditate for tads and that they have allowed orthos to do tooth movements never before poss. have a look and see what you think. i am just so glad i found him otherwise like he said it could have been a disaster for me down the track. using tads only cost me $300 for both sides. talk to your doc

jenchien

#5 Post by jenchien »

But these implants, do they last for a long time? And if so, does one have to get a constant check on them?

stell4r

#6 Post by stell4r »

I've had mine over 15 years and it's all good.

stell4r

#7 Post by stell4r »

I will have to get 2 implants after my braces come off.
I'm going to dig around of people who did that procedure to see what they felt about their experience.

jacksonrn

#8 Post by jacksonrn »

4 years before I did dental implantation, Still its proper I don't have any issue
But some of my friends also have implanted tooth they are having some problem. The important thing consider before going to implant your tooth is the quality of the dental center. Here I would like to recommend from my experience the well known dental center in Florida www.alldentistrysmiles.com

tammyd2

#9 Post by tammyd2 »

I'll have to get an implant after my braces come off, I'm from Cape Town and dental here is pretty expensive, as is medical aid. S I have to start saving now for the next 2 years, not cool!

Snophik

#10 Post by Snophik »

I got implants around 15 years ago after an accident. I was awake when they operated me. You get something that relaxes you and then some needles for numbness. If I could've chosen I would rather had been sedated. But the process was quick, and the recovery was quick. Swelling only like three days what I can remember. It's important afterwards to always keep it clean, there is a certain fluffy floss that I use that works great, Superfloss.

perfectmoon

#11 Post by perfectmoon »

Unfortunately dental implants treatment is expensive. A few friends of mine underwent dental implants treatment at overseas clinics cos of price. I personally use dedicated sites (dental implants friends/medical tourism abroad) and others to compare stats and prices. But still I can't make my decision