dentures or implants

If you are planning to get dental or facial implants as part of your orthodontic treatment (or if you already have implants) you can discuss them on this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kevinb

dentures or implants

#1 Post by Kevinb »

I had a fall recently and got one of my teeth knocked out. It was at first very painful and now the pain persists but in a small way. I visited my dentist and he suggested to me that either a denture or an implant can be done to have a solution for your problem. The missing tooth was affecting my appearance very much and I was embarrassed about my smile. I really would like a second opinion on which to choose as it is my first time suffering from such a problem. Can someone help and advise me on this?

patriciau

Re: dentures or implants

#2 Post by patriciau »

Choosing between dentures and implants comes with a lot of pros and cons. Dentures are comparatively cheaper with implants and can be placed with patients who have experienced gum loss or bone loss. Drilling into bones which are done in the procedure of implant is not necessary. A few dental visits are required to get the dentures done compared to dental implants. If any breakage occurs there are ways to repair broken dentures[https://www.emergency-dental-365.com/pr ... re-repair/] in many cost-effective ways.