November Braces Poll

An archive of braces poll questions asked in previous years. This forum is read-only.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Has the recent downturn in the US and world economy affected your ability to pay for your treatment, or your plans for orthodontic treatment or jaw surgery?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:00 pm

Yes
6%
No
83%
I'm not sure
11%

Total votes: 84

GiovanntiLawing

#16 Post by GiovanntiLawing »

I checked no. Paid for them in full when I was offered 15% discount to pay them off.
Giovannti. 26 years old with braces..

http://bracesandthecity.blogspot.com/

2nd Time w/Braces
Metal-First time 10 years ago
Ceramic-(Second time) Top Arch Installed 7/9/2008, Bottom Arch Installed 9/10/2008

Next Adjustment 11/25/2008

Word of advice: WEAR YOUR RETAINERS!!

abcdebbie

#17 Post by abcdebbie »

We are luck 'cus we only have 2 bills - my car and my braces- our house is paid off. The company DH works for is down sizing and he may lose his job in February. When that happens we will have to really cut back, but I think I have about 10 months worth of payments left.
(O\_l_/O)
Debbie

[/url]

GiovanntiLawing

#18 Post by GiovanntiLawing »

You are very lucky to have your house paid off! I just bought one! I can't wait until about 20 years pass so I can be mortgage free!!
Giovannti. 26 years old with braces..

http://bracesandthecity.blogspot.com/

2nd Time w/Braces
Metal-First time 10 years ago
Ceramic-(Second time) Top Arch Installed 7/9/2008, Bottom Arch Installed 9/10/2008

Next Adjustment 11/25/2008

Word of advice: WEAR YOUR RETAINERS!!

bbsadmin

#19 Post by bbsadmin »

dangerdude wrote:I am finally getting around to having braces because of the terrible state of our economy. I figure I better do it now while I still have a good job. I’m getting mine at the start of the new year once the FSA kicks in. I’m going to pay for it all upfront so whatever happens, I’ll have decent teeth :D
I wouldn't advise paying for it all upfront. You never know what may happen with your orthodontist. It is much better to pay in installments as time goes on, and just hang on to the money yourself.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

bbsadmin

#20 Post by bbsadmin »

a.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!