January 2008 Braces Poll

An archive of braces poll questions asked in previous years. This forum is read-only.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Do any of your new years resolutions involve your teeth or braces? (you must log in to vote!)

Poll ended at Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:46 pm

Yes
36%
No
62%
Not Sure
2%

Total votes: 142

lauren321

#31 Post by lauren321 »

I voted yes because I just got my braces on January 10. I have always hated my smile and my teeth. Now I have decided to take the plunge and do something about it. I'm in my early 20's and I'm feeling a little self conscious right now... it has only been 2 days since I got them on. Ceramic in-ovation brackets on top and metal in-ovations on the bottom.

Choppers

#32 Post by Choppers »

I voted yes as I am planning to pay off my instalments before the end of the financial year so that I can claim the maximum amount of medical expenses on my tax return.

I don't really make resolutions, but that's something I want to do so that I can get a few extra dollars in July.

emford

#33 Post by emford »

Hi,

I don't have any New Years' resolutions pertaining to my teeth or braces. I am sure I will get them off this year so I guess I could have made it a resolution, but I don't think something that's immenent and going to happen anyway needs to be made a goal.

lionfish

#34 Post by lionfish »

I voted "no" because I don't believe in new years resolutions. They tend to be yet another thing to get depressed about when I break them. :oops:
:lol:

My new year's resolution was to take more holidays.

Brittanube

Poll

#35 Post by Brittanube »

Hi there!

I voted yes, because even though i decided to get braces about mid last year i only got them on a week ago, so it's been a real positive way to start the new year!

i'm hoping if my treatment is only 18 months (my ortho never gave me an estimate - i think i'll ask him on my first tightening - valentines day, hehehe red and white rings next time!) i should have them off by my 21st birthday!

so something constructive for the new year!

pearlie

#36 Post by pearlie »

I vote NO for '08. In '07 I wanted to get braces and I did in February. Now that I have them, I feel as if my treatment is out of my control. I just do what the ortho says.

SolarFeline

#37 Post by SolarFeline »

I voted "yes", as after my braces are coming off on Monday 11th February, (YIPPIE), I was going to get my teeth whitened (which was a New Year's resolution anyway "After my braces come off, I'm going to get my teeth whitened" I just didn't know what YEAR...sigh), and spend more money on my appearance. 8)

ladybug0330

#38 Post by ladybug0330 »

I voted yes because I've been waiting years to finally get braces and now I'm counting down the days instead of weeks and months! My braces go on Jan 30th and I resolved to follow all my ortho's instructions and keep up tons of brushing and flossing. :D

TrustMeCheese

#39 Post by TrustMeCheese »

I don't make new years resolutions either. But, seeing as I made my orthodontic appointment in december, I figure I was making a major change for the up coming new year. Plus I wanted to continue take really good care of my teeth in the next year and on.

I had some really bad infections that went bad fast. Having good oral health has now become a personal journey.

Detective Foxtrot

#40 Post by Detective Foxtrot »

I got my braces 5 days ago, and at this stage I suppose my resolution is to promise myself not to pull them off with a pliers :cry:

roll on January 2010 :shock:

anyone got any words o wisdom for Ugly Betty?? (that's me....)

Brittanube

hang in there!

#41 Post by Brittanube »

hahaha i love your resolution, i know how you feel!

mine have been on 2 weeks & 2 days now!

my advice is just to take it one day at a time... and try and just ignore them. then when you haven't looked at them for a while you notice movement! it's great!

from ugly britty, to ugly betty

hehehe

Detective Foxtrot

#42 Post by Detective Foxtrot »

Can you see movement already brittanube??!! :jump:

Brittanube

yes!

#43 Post by Brittanube »

yes, detective foxtrot, i really can!

on my lowers there is now a slight gap between my middle teeth & the canine that was facing the wrong way (the back of the tooth is against the side of the tooth next to it) is slowly turning around and it's so simple to notice!

also my top teeth are slowly straightening themselves out. not so cluttered!

i'm so happy!!

HkyGrl s2k

#44 Post by HkyGrl s2k »

Too late to vote, but ive decided to finally look into getting my teeth straightened. Have two appointments this week to get some quotes. :D

Brittanube

good for you!

#45 Post by Brittanube »

good for you HkyGrl s2k!

it's a decision that can change your life for the better!

good luck with your appointments!