January 2008 Braces Poll

An archive of braces poll questions asked in previous years. This forum is read-only.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Do any of your new years resolutions involve your teeth or braces? (you must log in to vote!)

Poll ended at Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:46 pm

Yes
36%
No
62%
Not Sure
2%

Total votes: 142

Clairey Fairey

#16 Post by Clairey Fairey »

Nope, thats was last years - 2007 Resolution - 'This year I'm going to sort my teeth out' and I did!!

This years was to eat less chocolate but I don't think its gonna happen!!

Rach

#17 Post by Rach »

I voted 'yes' as I will get my braces off this year, hopefully before my birthday in July! And once I get them off I am going to whiten my teeth. :D :mrgreen:
Feel free to take a look at my SurgeryBlog

merkitaminasi

#18 Post by merkitaminasi »

although my treatment can be a headache...my life doesnt revolve around my mouth

KateinCO

Nope

#19 Post by KateinCO »

I voted no. I already have the braces on and my ortho has my money, so there's no going back now. :D

My resolution has to do with me overall: I want to make the braces worth it, so I am doing everything I can to be healthy, positive and happy. I want to share my new smile as much as possible. (Even if it currently includes a pretty fair share of bling!)

skintz

#20 Post by skintz »

I voted no cos my NY resoloution is to drink more water every day to stay hydrated, sad but it needs doing! My braces rub when i haven't drank enough.... :(

Nancy51

#21 Post by Nancy51 »

I voted "yes" because I need to continue feeding my interest in maintaining flossing, which is no longer easy. :roll:
Nancy

metalmouthfreak

Yes

#22 Post by metalmouthfreak »

My new years resolution is to brush better and close up my gap between my canines 8)

metalfangs

poll

#23 Post by metalfangs »

Hopefully I'll get my braces off before summer. So well, I want to get them off, and keep 'em clean. Anyway, I don't believe in New Year's resolutions because some of those "resolutions" are things we HAVE to do anyway. Keeping my teeth clean is a MUST, so I'd do it anyway.
Getting my braces off? well, that's not completely up to me so... I'll just enjoy the moment with or without braces.
:D

jmpmntwnty3

#24 Post by jmpmntwnty3 »

My resolution is to wear my elastics like I'm supposed to so I can get these things off by the summer or fall of this year. I don't wanna bring in 2009 as a braceface, not like there's anything wrong with being a braceface haha. I'm just ready to get these things OFF!
June 2006: Upper and Lower braces -- July 2006: RPE installed -- December 2006: RPE removed.
April 2007: 4 wisdom teeth extracted & had Frenum b/t 2 front teeth clipped. Powerchain added.
January 2008: All gaps closed.
March 2010: Began wearing elastics
January 2012: Braces finally off!

sauerkraut

#25 Post by sauerkraut »

I'm your first "Not Sure" vote!! :)

I don't really make New Year resolutions as such, but I have vowed not to put back on the weight I lost after SARPE, and I wasn't sure if that's exactly teeth/braces related or not...

dabs

#26 Post by dabs »

Hi, just voted in the January poll, my braces were a decision based on years of regretting I didn't sort my teeth out as a teenager! I have never kept a new years resolution but I did get my braces at 39! My Orthodontist estimated 12-18 months and I am 7 months down, but I still cannot imagine how they will look when completed.

KatieBug

Resolution

#27 Post by KatieBug »

Well, I am not sure if my New Year's Resolution will invlove my braces. In a way I guess. I actually have a couple. 1st, to not spend so much money (well there goes that one...my inital payment of $1700 is due tomorrow!) 2nd, To not apologize for things that are not in my control (I have a tendancy to apologize for things I can not help...thus very annoying to my partner!), and 3rd to get fit (getting braces will help because I will have to be conservative of the things I put in my mouth!). Well there you go for those who are reading. We will see where I am in another year, hopefully richer, more confident, and lighter!! :D

-KatieBug

[/url]

HeyTeach

#28 Post by HeyTeach »

No. I intend to keep taking care of my teeth, but that's not a change or resolution. The decision to get braces last year was more a vernal equinox resolution than a new year's one.

ThinK

#29 Post by ThinK »

I voted No because everything involved with my braces this year is out of my control and I'm just going to go with the flow. I'm *hoping* that I'll have them off at the end of the year, but surgery is in 20 days so that's what I'm focusing on right now!

By the way LadyJ, are you fellow scooter rider? :)

PfectPitch

#30 Post by PfectPitch »

I voted no, but really braces are an overall part of a long-term strategy on my part do treat myself better and make the most of what I have. I got them because of a bad bite and to save my teeth. But now I can see there are many benefits, and I'm glad to have done it.