Problems with adding Ticker AND Avatar

This part of the message board is only for technical stuff related to posting messages and using the message board. DO NOT POST YOUR BRACES-RELATED QUESTIONS HERE OR THEY WILL BE DELETED.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nerdgirl

Problems with adding Ticker AND Avatar

#1 Post by nerdgirl »

It says to add a ticker that you need to paste the URL into your signature. Where is that? I've checked my profile and there is nowhere to add a signature, just a place to check yes or no on whether you want your signature to show. Help!

Also, I've tried adding an avatar multiple times (made sure it was a compressed photo within the limits) but it keeps telling me the url is not valid. Am I completely clueless or what? Can anyone help me with this?[/quote]

nerdgirl

#2 Post by nerdgirl »

Yeah, I tried using imageshack and it still didn't work. I tried using a url from an Avatar site, and that didn't work either. I am thoroughly frustrated. Any other tips? Is there a good site to go to get one that you can suggest?

Shorty20

#3 Post by Shorty20 »

im not to sure how many posts i have made, but i wanted to add a ticker as well i created one and got the url how do i find out how many posts i have made?

gigiso

#4 Post by gigiso »

Nerdgirl, I had the same problem but figured it out last night. I used photobucket. After creating the account and uploading the image copy the IMG code from photobucket and paste it into the "Link to off-site Avatar" window. BUT after doing that manually delete out the characters [img]at%20the%20beginning%20and[/img] at the end.

I think that's exactly what I did finally to get it to work, but if that doesn't work let me know. I might have also deleted the "http://" Can't quite remember if I had to do that or not...

Pebbles

#5 Post by Pebbles »

Your Avatar of Ollie looks fantastic !!