Taking a Picture of Your Teeth

This part of the message board is only for technical stuff related to posting messages and using the message board. DO NOT POST YOUR BRACES-RELATED QUESTIONS HERE OR THEY WILL BE DELETED.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bbsadmin

Taking a Picture of Your Teeth

#1 Post by bbsadmin »

Here's the technique I used when taking photos of my teeth:

1. I got myself in front of a large mirror.

2. I held the camera at arm's length and pointed it at my mouth and zoomed in a bit. I used the mirror to see the reflection of the camera's little display monitor.

3. I zoomed in or out and snapped the photo. I usually took a bunch in case the focus wasn't good. I usually used a flash.

4. I edited the photo with my photo editing software.

Of course, it is simpler to just have someone else take the picture.
Last edited by bbsadmin on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

mostro

#2 Post by mostro »

excellent info Bbsadmin, I have so much trouble getting the photos into focus! :P

By the way, thsank you for the site. I got braced 5 days ago and this site is extremely helpful and fun!

Thanks to you and thanks to all the members!

:P :D

Jeneva

#3 Post by Jeneva »

great tips - i will put them to good use once braced!!
Spacers in 17 June 2006
top braced 28 June 06
bottom spacers 6 November 06
bottom braced 16 November 06

bbsadmin

#4 Post by bbsadmin »

Getting the photo to focus is always the hardest part. That's why I always took a TON of photos with different angles, etc....usually at least ONE of them turned out right, LOL!
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

M1k3y

#5 Post by M1k3y »

I use a tripod and set the timer on my digicam once I have the right shot. This does the trick for me. Just make sure you are at a distance and the digicam is zoomed in with the macro feature turned on. My digicam has a flip-out view panel so I can rotate to where I can see myself looking at the digicam. :D
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

turrrtlelove22

#6 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

I usually don't have anyone here to take pics of my teeth for me especially since my mom is technology challenged. Sadly...(I feel vain saying this) but I have gotten good at taking pics of myself and friends together just by holding the camera out at arms length...Its a talent most Myspacers develop...lol. (I'm addicted) It's kind of fun whn you are bored to sit there a take crazy pictures of yourself, not really meaning to but sometimes they turn out the cutest...My one friend thinks I'm conceited but you have to take several in order to get a good one...hehe...
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

chillin-in-grilz

#7 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Any hints for the uppers?
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007