Placing a Photo in Your Post

This part of the message board is only for technical stuff related to posting messages and using the message board. DO NOT POST YOUR BRACES-RELATED QUESTIONS HERE OR THEY WILL BE DELETED.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bbsadmin

Placing a Photo in Your Post

#1 Post by bbsadmin »

Here is how to place a photo in your posts:

1. Put your photo online with www.imageshack.us or www.photobucket.com, or a similar photo sharing service. It is very easy to upload images to these sites.

2. If there is an option to resize the photo for message boards, choose that option. Remember, if the photo is too large, it will not look good.

3. Place the image's URL in your post. For example, for imageshack you choose one of the code choices for forums:

Code: Select all

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5717/bracediconhead3ne.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Which gives you this:

I hope that explains it. If anyone has anything to add, please feel free.
Last edited by bbsadmin on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

josephine

#2 Post by josephine »

I think it's also a good idea to put together a test message using the photo you want to use, and send it to yourself in an email first. You'll see immediately if it is too large (just how close up do we all want to see those whiskers? :wink: ) or not working for some other reason.

lilly812

#3 Post by lilly812 »

Thanks for the info, I will try to get my pics up tonight!

xtrememkovr

#4 Post by xtrememkovr »

I'm not sure how many people know about fotki, but I use it for photos myself. You can't direct link the pictures like you can at image shack BUT if you want a little picture journal of yourself and friends and family or (hehe) teeth progress you can post pictures there. I'm not sure how many you can put on for free (I, myself have a paid membership but will more than likely use the free option for my teeth journal...) but it's sufficient, I think. There IS an option there to password protect your albums. You can have some that are open for comments even - and others that aren't. You can even go back in and add comments to other comments people have left for you.

The addy is www.fotki.com and it's pretty easy to set yourself up with an album in no time. Make sure that you don't "publish" your album - which means that unless you give out your album addy no one will be able to know you are there. Of course with the password protect option it wouldn't matter anyways since the only way people will be able to see album/s is if they have the password. :) Many times people put up a hint like: put the name of the board we all visit as the password - for people to know how to get it. OR they just ask that people leave a note in their guestbook for a request. It would also work to put the password in your signature here on the board for your fotki album.

Just a thought...

X.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. - Marianne Williamson.

M1k3y

#5 Post by M1k3y »

Photobucket to me is the best. I pay for my service and have nearly unlimited storage. It's free but the unlimited storage is extremely cheap.
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

M1k3y

#6 Post by M1k3y »

That's nice to know. I'll check it out. I'm certainly not used to the layout but I'll give it a shot.
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08