invisalign speech

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

diehard

invisalign speech

#1 Post by diehard »

Hi Iam due to start my invisalign tratment in 3 weeks Iam having 2 teeth extracted from top for my first treatment then I start wearing my first invisalign aligner straight after extractions. Then same again 4 weeks later just before christmas for my lowers. The main concern for me is not the pain (no pain no gain) it is will people notice my speech Iam taking 4 days off work, hope that is enough are there any techniques, reciting the alphabet over and over ect???

One last thing Iam English and there is this big debate over costing too much in America over here we get ripped off on everything, the price of my treatment does not include any extractions or anything else:

4,000.00 GBP
United Kingdom Pounds = 6,986.09 USD
United States Dollars

46 trays on top
30 trays on bottom at least tray wise Iam getting my moneys worth :lol:

Vortexsny

#2 Post by Vortexsny »

I'm paying $7.500 USD for Invisalign solution in Brooklyn, New York.
have 20 upper and 40 lower jaw moldings to go thru.

buttercup

#3 Post by buttercup »

i now most people have some sort of a lisp when they get their liners on, but i had absolutely no speech problems...
and supposedly the cost depends on what youre getting, but my dentist said he charges the same for all.....? anyway, i hav 10 upper/24lower, and with a student discount (10% off) i paid $5040.00, which i still think is a lot. and did he include tooth extractions? that might mae it cost more.. i didn't have to get any teeth extracted though

happyhelen

#4 Post by happyhelen »

just thought i would join in...........
im getting upper and lower invisilign.
costing approx £3700 for 20 upper 30 lower and then 200 pounds for retainers after the course to sleep in.........
I think thats exsensive as if i got a second quote at 2500 but didnt know the dentist at all (this guys been mine since i was born) so i dar not trust any one else!

xx

nvrsaynvr

#5 Post by nvrsaynvr »

I am paying $6500.00 USD. This doesnt include my extraction that I might need. I have 14 uppers and 24 lowers. (I think) I dont remember right now. :roll: (I am not at home to double check right now)
I might have to have one tooth pulled on the lower - but doctor doesnt want to. He says my teeth are progressing very well and I might not have to get an extraction. He says if I have to have a tooth pulled it will be $250.00 USD extra.
Plus I have to pay for my retainers afterwards. I am getting the permanent ones on the bottom and the removable on the top. At this time, I dont know what the cost is to have the retainers.
Also, I will be getting laser white done, which is $250.00 USD. In the end, I except to pay around $10,000 USD to have a beautiful smile and healthy gums.
BTW - I am on the seventh tray (which was very painful for only 3 days) I am comfortable with the seventh tray now.. (5 days into it)